• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ahd Nabit!! &$*#!

Started by FinsnFur, January 14, 2018, 09:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Favorite pair of Sorels. They are so warm, so comfy, so durable.

They were no match for a stray screw protruding from one of the 4x4's I have layed out to keep my firewood off the ground.
These were $150 boots. This is heart breaking and aggregating. Uuhg!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That is not a good way to start the week.   :sad3:

Jerry

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on January 14, 2018, 11:01:23 PM
No blood is aa good sign.

:laf:  I'll nod agreement with pitw!

:argh:  But hope you got a lot of good use out of them already. 

riverboss

Jim you can patch them up. Go to you local body shop supply and ask for a tube of windshield urethane.  First put up a couple more pics that show all the damage .
I have some neoprene chest waders that mice eat big holes in the ass, that I patched 6 yrs ago still going strong! It's worth the chance for $20.00 bucks.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

nastygunz

Duct tape....gorilla glue, dont let them die!👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

HaMeR

Well maybe not so much durable.

Maybe not warm so much either what with that little opening.

Oh yeah,, my boots aren't comfy when my feet are cold.

I think you need a new pair.  :laf: :laf:

I hate when that happens too. Thats usually a sign that they don't make the new ones like the old ones for me.

Sorry about your loss.  :sad: :sad:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

"This is heart breaking and aggregating. Uuhg!"

Interesting choice of words.  :biggrin: With a gaping hole like that, irrigating might be a better choice?   :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:  I think we need to start a save the boot crowd funder!

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on January 15, 2018, 12:16:33 PM
:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:  I think we need to start a save the boot crowd funder!

Yea, maybe a 'Go Boot Me' rather than 'Go Fund Me' would be in order.

Jerry

JohnP

I think the no blood post by pitw is the best, but I would try to save them.  You have some good suggestion on how to repair them.  I'd give them a try before spending big bucks on a new pair.  Next time maybe you will be more careful on your choice of 4x4 supports and how you place your feet, you still have much to learn grasshopper.   
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

I didn't realize we had so many stand-up comics in the crowd. You all are some funny sonsabitches ain't you.. laughing at my mishaps LOL.
I'm not sure how long I've had these, maybe five years or more. They're the only boot that kept my feet warm during hunting and ice fishing. Of course the liners are responsible for most of that and I did buy new liners a few years ago.
They make some stuff called Shoe Goo that I watched a couple videos of. It seems to be like extra durable rubber sealer. Comes in a squeeze tube. I thought about putting a couple of vulcanized tire patches over top of it and then sealing it with the Shoe Goo. Or maybe some goo, then the patches next layer, and then the goo over top.
But I think a better idea is putting a small piece of Flex Seal on the inside and the outside. I've got some of the tape here at home and I can't believe how incredibly sticky and waterproof it really is, if anybody's ever used it.
I'm going to come up with something. Well, I'm going to make an attempt at it I should say. 150 bucks in and my favorite boots I hate to just dismiss them this easily.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

Shoe Goo is pretty good stuff but I've never used it for such a big hole.  I haven't used Flex Seal but it looks like better stuff to me for this job.  You might glue/seal it with Shoe Goo then put a big patch over the outside with Flex Seal.  I'd think that Flex Seal would hold an outer patch of rubber material in place better than Shoe Goo.  Got some inner tube for patch material?    Cosmetics don't matter, but a red or hunter orange colored patch would give those plain boots some class!

I'm curious as to how this will turn out and how well a patch will wear.

FinsnFur

You guys KNOW this is gonna work.
FlexSeal on the inside first [emoji818]
Now I need to stop and pick up some black for the outside and they're going to be just like new!

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I would contact sorrels and tell them what a loyal fan you are and tell them you were attached to your boots and wondering if you could just get that one boot replaced. I bet they will send you a new pair.

FinsnFur

Lmao... your worse then the guys at work Nasty. I duct taped it so I could where them to work today cuz we got 5 inches of snow last night and everybody said the same thing. Go to Cabela's and buy a placement boot. Tell them you only need one. lol

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

"I didn't realize we had so many stand-up comics in the crowd."

I'll bet were most sitting when typing their comments.  Shall we take a poll?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

I was laying on the couch and using voice to text so I wouldn't have to type  :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

I picked up some Shoe Goo and sealed around the ripped edge next with a couple of coats.
That stuff is very impressive. I expected it to dry hard and risk cracking or splitting or coming off the shiny rubber. But it stuck very nice and is very flexible.
Im pretty impressed.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Almost done.
After witnessing the quality of the Shoe Goo, I'm pretty confident that that would have done the trick itself. The toes of the boots don't bend much during use anyways but this stuff seems to have worked very well regardless.
For further insurance and a smidge of cosmetic, I picked up some Flex Seal Flex tape. I still swear by that stuff. I've used it a couple different times and it is absolutely incredible.
I cut a piece to fit the conture of the boot the best I could and put it into place. That stuff is so damn sticky that once it adheres it's almost impossible to rub those wrinkles out, oh well. I feel like I just got myself a brand new pair of boots LOL

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers