• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Making money...with money!

Started by nastygunz, January 20, 2018, 07:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

As a practicing numismatist I am going to show you how to make money with money. Anytime you get paper money check the serial number on it to see if it has a little tiny star behind it or in front of it, this is known as a star note, it is collectible, and it can sell for higher than the face value of the money:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replacement_banknote

pitw

It's kinda funny what makes money worth more.  I had a $1,000 dollar bill for years and when I was looking at it one day I checked it's serial number on some site and found out it was a replacement note.  Put it on Kijiji for $1,500 and sold it in minutes.  Same guy bought a bunch of fake money the Chinese used to train their bank tellers for the olympics that I had bought for humor but sold for good coin.  Makes me think there is toooooooooooo much money in the world. :wo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Interesting!  Thank you.

pitw, you are a wheeler dealer!

nastygunz

Always check your change for 1964 and older quarters nickels and dimes because they are 90% silver! I just found five Nickels today in the change on the dash of my truck  :yoyo:

coyote101

I am not a collector but some years ago, when my kids were little, they asked about the different denominations of U.S. bills so I got these together to show them.  I never had, or even saw a $5000 or $10,000 bill.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Quote from: nastygunz on January 20, 2018, 03:00:12 PM
Always check your change for 1964 and older quarters nickels and dimes because they are 90% silver! I just found five Nickels today in the change on the dash of my truck  :yoyo:

1967 in my land and it was 80%.

Nice bunch of paper[or whatever it's made outta] there Pat.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Dang I got a bunch of silver if I can find that box!! :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11