• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

For Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Started by Todd Rahm, March 26, 2018, 10:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

I have been retired from my career job since last June. They had a get together (Free food and free beer) at one of the local micro brewery's for all the retirees.  Well I wasn't sure I was going to go but the wife guilt-ed me into going by saying "They do nice things for people and no-one shows. They are doing this for you and you need to go out of respect and thanks." Well she was right and I'm glad she was. When ya sign in they give ya one ticket. This is what mine won. I don't know anything about it, but "hey, i needed one."  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Todd,

Your retirement party sounds better than mine.  There was no beer or free food at mine, but I did get a watch.  If you are interested in trading a retirement watch for a retirement shotgun just let me know.

Jerry

Okanagan

Excellent!  I am pleasantly surprised at their choice of gift, kind of politically incorrect nowadays.  Was the gift picked especially for you based on your interests?

Todd Rahm

Uh Jerry, I'll pass on the watch. As a retiree I don't want to keep track of time.  :biggrin:

OK, it was a random door prize and not selected for me. Any of the retired fellas could have won it. Our Union gives away about 20 guns a year to active, retired members and raffle tickets.

Alaska is not really acquainted with the whole political correct thing. Matter fact one of the largest and longest running gun shows in the state is put on by and at a local high school. Halls, gym and common areas packed with booths of weapons and ammo.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Daaaaaaang . Thats a nice freebie!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Quote from: Todd Rahm on March 27, 2018, 08:48:07 PM
Uh Jerry, I'll pass on the watch. As a retiree I don't want to keep track of time.  :biggrin:
[/URL]

I actually threw my watch away the day I retired, 1 Oct 1984, and to this day have not worn one. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs