• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Rat killin

Started by slagmaker, January 15, 2019, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

When was the last time you were at a rat killin?

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

riverboss

Very cool video, I could of used one of those back when I was a kid.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

Wow that was interesting as hell.
I woulda been afraid that my mink would get lost in that guys shit hole property. What a mess :alscalls: No wonder he had rats
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

You should check out when the guy goes to a cattle/dairy farm. Several mink and like 100 rats.

Looks like a day of pure fun.

nastygunz

I remember going to the town dump as a kid and shooting rats. It was like a traditional Sunday event for the men and boys of my town  :yoyo:

riverboss

We raised fox hounds when I was a kid, usually had at least 50 dogs at a time!
We slopped them like Hoggs, picked up the garbage cans from school, slopped and returned the cans and utensils.
To say we had a rat problem! That was a understatement.
I shot rats then shot rats that were eating the ones I just shot.
Lost a few dogs to them also, one in particular comes to mind.
It was cold with 6-8" of snow on the ground, I went to feed my rabbit dogs and all but one came out to eat.
I went and got a light, and shined it into the dog house.
He was laying there with frost on his back and his eyes were open and he was  blinking at the light in his eyes.
So I got a hoe and hooked his collar to pull him out. His belly was half eatin  away but he was still alive!
It was to cold to burry him so I used him as bait, and the old 410 got a workout.
One of those things would of been great fun.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

slagmaker

At one house we lived at there was a privacy fence that went over a drainage that always had water in it. Well at night the rats used the bottom rung on the fence as a runway over the ditch. Hours of fun with a pellet rifle and a gallon of sweet tea.

slagmaker

Another little video. Gonna have to see if I can get me some sound bites of those rats a screaming. Might bring in an animal or three

coyote101

My brother worked at a dog kennel one summer when we were kids. The place was full of tunnels and infested with rats. They were very fast, and didn't like to expose themselves, but we figured out a way to shoot them. We would put a piece of dog food about four inches in front of one of the holes and sit on a bucket with a pellet rifle aimed just behind the piece of food. The rats were fast, but if you shot just as they picked up the food you got them almost every time. We killed a lot of rats that summer.

Pat 
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

This guy has a pretty interesting YouTube channel on different kinds of rat traps :

https://m.youtube.com/user/historichunter/videos

JohnP

Like nasty we also would go to the city dump with our .22's and kill rats.  Do that today and you would have a SWAT team converge on you, have your rifle confiscated as evidence and parents locked up for child abuse. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Geez I find that so interesting to watch :thumb2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz