• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Today's catch

Started by WhiteHare, May 11, 2007, 05:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteHare

Went to a farm pond today for about an hour and this is what I brought home....didn't want to get too greedy.  It will make a nice mess 'o fish forthe wife and me.  :eyebrownod:   :sneer:

Pictures are clickable...

WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Hawks Feather

Whitehare,

Hey.  Are these the ones you were keeping for me to catch when I came down?  If so, what am I supposed to catch?

Jerry

DirtyDog

Nice mess of fish there.......I am jealous.

FinsnFur

Nice mess Richard.  :yoyo:

One question....where the heck did you find ice this time of year? Looks like you took your picture right out on the frozen pond.  :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That is the island in his kitchen.  His wife was working so he could clean them there.   :biggrin:

Jerry

Bob D

Crappie in a pond? Looks like some white perch to me. We had them in our farm pond till the  beavers caused the dam to burst. Man that was fun catching them way back when.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Nice mess of fish.  :highclap:

My son and I went yesterday and caught a dozen or so bream that were bedding.........he caught most of them. I love watching a five year old drag in a fish, they make it look like it's a Marlin or something.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

iahntr

Scott

WhiteHare

Retyping lost post.....

Jerry,  These aren't the ones...I have yours tied up in a fish basket to make it easier for you to catch them...

NewDog,  Didn't mean to make anyone jeolous.  Just thought I'd put a picture on here since I haven't posted much lately..

Jim,  Thanks,  the background is a piece of poster board.  I lay the fish out on it and it absorbs the water.  They aren't as slippery that way.  Besides, it makes for a decent background for pictures...

BobD,  Yep, they are Black Crappie.  We caught a mess of them about 7 years ago at Kiser Lake and put them in here.  The Ictheologist said you should not put Crappie in a pond unless it is an established one.  This one is about 30 years old.  It isn't mine, a good friend, (and I mean good) lets me fish and I help him around the farm when I get the chance.  It has some nice size Bss and pretty decent Bluegills so they keep the Crappie fry in check.

Added since last try...

Bop, I plan on taking my 5 year old grandson next weekend, if the weather permits.  Its more fun, like you said, watching him get excited about a little ole Bluegill than catching them myself.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Hawks Feather

Hey Grandpa Whitehare,

I am about caught up and you can take me along too.  I will even let you fry them up for supper.

Grandson Jerry

ohiobob

Quote from: Bopeye on May 13, 2007, 07:56:45 AM
Nice mess of fish.  :highclap:
My son and I went yesterday and caught a dozen or so bream that were bedding

Bop
Bream,,thats funny,,when i was in the Military i went home for a weekend with my buddy to go fishing,,he told me that they have BIG ASS Bream in North Carolina,,i asked what the hell is a Bream :shrug:,he said you damn Yankees dont know anything do you,,so i was looking forward to hooking a "BIG ASS" Bream,,well we got to the bait shop and before we left he said he needed to grab his "bait bucket",,he brought it out to his truck and it was a WIRE BASKET :wo: so we get to the bait shop/Package store and out he comes with a basket full of crickets :confused: I asked what the hell are we going to catch with crickets and he said "BIG ASS" Bream,,well we go to the HYDRO DAM and we fish off of a Bank that goes straight up,,a flat face 18-20 feet straight,,i thought what the hell are we going to do IF we hook into a BIG ASS Bream being we was using like 6 LB test and anything big being LIFTED straight up 18-20 feet MIGHT BREAK THE LINE,,well he finally yells i got a BIG ASS Bream,,i ran over and there it was!!! A FRIGGIN 7 inch BLUE GILL :madd:
I told him,,that aint nothin but a LITTLE ass blue gill and laughed at him,,well i hear something coming through the brush & little woods,,and i turn and there is a friendly GAME WARDEN,,he talked to me and as SOON as he heard me he cocked his head and asked "from where up north are you from boy"? i told him Ohio,,he said OK,,can i see your fishinf license  :shck: all i could say was ,,HUH? then i explained that in OHIO the military people dont NEED to buy a fishing OR hunting license BECAUSE we were in the military and told him i JUST FIGURED it was the same in N Carolina,and we talked and i thought he was just going to warn me,,after talking for about 20 minutes he whipped out his "Ticket Book" and looked at me and told me: " well son you figured wrong and this ISNT Ohio" and wrote me a ticket  :readthis:and walked off
i was PISSED :argh: but i learned they dont LIKE yankees down there in NORTH CACKALACKY and i later found out that down "there" you have to buy a damn license to use LIVE BAIT and another damn license to use ARTIFICIAL BAIT!!!
so i told my Buddy that i wasnt paying it because i will NEVER be back in N Carolina and we was headed over seas anf they can kiss my ass,,then he said that when we get BACK from over seas and we have 7 Months of "drinking" and "chasing" to get out of our systems that the Game Warden will be waiting at the pier when we disembark and he will cart my ass off to jail while by buddies went out drinking and uh doing other stuff :wo:
i sent them the DAMN MONEY and i NEVER went back to N Carolina again,,that was a VERY EXPENSIVE PRICE I PAID FOR BEING A DAMN YANKEE :doh2: and divide the fish into the fine and that works out to be about...$70 per BLUE GILL !!!
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

awh

Bob....Have you ever heard us southerners tell the meaning of Yankee & damn Yankee? A yankee comes down to visit and leaves, a damn yankee comes to visit and stays.....LOL Your just a yankee my friend. :roflmao:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

ohiobob

AWH
You are right,i am just a Yankee,,a Yankee that has a lighter wallet too :eyebrownod:
BUT at least i finally found out what a Bream is,,but i never found out what a "BIG ASS" bream is :shrug:
And for what it cost to find out im not sure i want to know anymore :nofgr: :laf:

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Bopeye

Quote from: ohiobob on May 18, 2007, 06:28:09 PM
AWH
You are right,i am just a Yankee,,a Yankee that has a lighter wallet too :eyebrownod:
BUT at least i finally found out what a Bream is,,but i never found out what a "BIG ASS" bream is :shrug:
And for what it cost to find out im not sure i want to know anymore :nofgr: :laf:

Bob

I could show you one for......... :wo: let's say.........fifty bucks sound good to you?  :eyebrownod:

I love all you yanks...........as long as your just visiting........ :nono: Just razzing ya.

Any man that coyote hunts can't be all bad............damn yankee or not.  :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free