• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bumper apple crop!

Started by nastygunz, July 29, 2023, 07:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

You better get a deer fence around that tree or you will only have 2 or 3 apples left.  :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

Its not easy being an orchard owner  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on July 30, 2023, 09:54:23 PMIts not easy being an orchard owner  :biggrin:

I bet it is quite difficult figuring out just the right time for harvest.

bigben

It does seem to be a good year for fruit in general.  Surprising as the spring early summer was pretty dry round these parts. 

What type of apple do ya have growing there?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

I planted three trees that day and I kind of forgot which one was what ha ha. I'm thinking red Macintosh.

FinsnFur

Apples help protect against age related memory loss.
So you apparently haven't been indulging
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Who are you?....where am I?..... :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

I need to find some illegals to harvest the crop :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on August 01, 2023, 11:33:24 AMI need to find some illegals to harvest the crop :biggrin:

You probably won't need to look very far to find some.

bigben

we got em running all around here at the house.  I live in the adams county fruit belt.  One of the largest orchards is my front yard.  aint no doubt them boys work hard.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

The Adams County fruit belt's economic impact on the county's economy is $580 million annually—and that's a conservative estimate," according to Bicky Redman, senior planner in the Adams County Office of Planning and Development. "Beyond that, the Adams County fruit belt's economic impact on the state of Pennsylvania is two to four times that." That translates into $1.16—$2.32 billion in economic activity.

bigben

a good bit of the local produce goes to cans and other processed fruit.  one good thing about all the migrant workers there are excellent taco places local. 

Hawks Feather

I grew up with a tomato processing plant in my hometown and know how good of workers the ones that came from Mexico and southern Texas worked. They came to town and blocked beets and planted tomatoes, then to Michigan for picking fruit, then back to my area for tomatoes and to work the plant, and then off to other jobs on their way back home. They could make some decent money picking, but they also had all of the family working. Some of them were great friends for quite a few years till I moved.

nastygunz

We actually do have quite a few here. They are quite the source of contention amongst various members of society here.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on August 03, 2023, 05:51:00 AMWe actually do have quite a few here. They are quite the source of contention amongst various members of society here.

Many of them are not the same as the ones who arrived legally and came to work.

FinsnFur

Should Jerry and I plan a stop to sample your apple pies while were doing the snack run to Okanagan's for cherrys and Salmon?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 04, 2023, 11:32:19 PMShould Jerry and I plan a stop to sample your apple pies while were doing the snack run to Okanagan's for cherrys and Salmon?

Jim, if you want I can just go over and get them and then make a circle to pick you up.

FinsnFur

Actually yeah, that'd work great Jerry. Thanks
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I've been sitting on the back deck with my .270 guarding the crop :innocentwhistle: