• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Two Musky and a SORE THUMB

Started by ohiobob, June 30, 2007, 03:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiobob

Had a hell of a Day/ night tonight  :yoyo:
first off I got done talking to bnccont on the phone since I missed him on my Birthday,,and before I hug up I told Bill my Buddy might call because its time to start slaying the Musky,,sure enough my buddy called and asked if I wanted to go Musky Huntin  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: and he started Blabbing something about the Solonar tables and a full moon and ALL the Planets are lining up JUST RIGHT so  I said sure why not,nothin else to do so he picked me up at about 6PM and ANOTHER buddy stopped by to show me his BRAND NEW 1 DAY old WRECKED ATV
well they left and off to the lake we headed,,the whole trip to the lake (15-20 minutes) he kept blabbing about how he hopes the moon breaks throught the clouds and Blah Blah Blah,,we get to the lake and there are a few boats out there,,not a lot but a few,,so we put in and take off,,we set the lures out and set Planer Boards out on 2 of the baits and left the other 2 baits "free wheel",,made sure the drag and "clickers" were set and started cruising around and shootin the shat,,and about 8PM the clicker starts clickin and the line takes off to the center rear of the boat,,I grabbed the pole out of the Rod holder and I jam the pole low,,and im playing this fish and my buddy is trying to get the other rods out of the water,,well this "fish" decides he wants to take me to the back of the boat,,my buddy gets out of the way and leaves 2 poles off of the back of the boat,,so Im pulling the fish in and all of a sudden Mr Musky wants to go UNDER the boat by way of the stearn !!! so I started to let him go AROUND the motor and I look and the line AND fish is going dead for the 2 poles STILL off of the back,,I KNEW this WAS NOT going to be pretty,,so I thought the ONLY chance I have of not having 1 Musky AND 2 poles all knotted up and in 20 foot of water was JERK his head to the left!
well By the grace of God it WORKED  :shck: :shck: :shck: so up to the surface comes the Musky and my buddy nets him.
and thats when the fish got PISSED ! so the first thing we do when the fish is in the net is cut the line,,so it SEEMED like it took 30 minutes to find the knife but in reality it took maybe 20 seconds  :rolleye: so we cut the line and put the grabber on his bottom lip and hoist him in,,well I get the measuring stick and grab the camera and I hand them to my buddy and I grab the fish,,we measured it at 36" and 14 Lbs,,my buddy is TRYING to take pics and I am grabbing for the FnF sign I made,,I get the sign after picking the fish up off the bottom of the boat and noticed the flash WASNT GOING OFF  :doh2: well my buddy dont know JACK about a Digital camera and he looks like he is trying to push the button through the BOTTOM of the camera and he had his eye buried in the little window,,the fish is floppin and im trying to show him about the camera,,needless to say the first Musky DONT have the FnF sign in it AND the date is
3-5-2000 and somthin,,well we dont like to keep the fish out of water that long so i told him to hell with it lets release the fish because we are gettin a crowd,,here is the first Musky,,,sorry the pics arent better

So we re-tie the lure and put the poles back out and start off again when about 8:40 off goes the "clicker" again,and it was the other pole right beside me,,I grabbed it and jerked and this Musky decided he DIDNT WANT TO come in and started taking off,,but this one didnt try to go under the boat and after a few minutes we had it in the net,,so we cut the line and this Musky decided it wanted to ROLL UP IN THE NET  :doh2: well the Musky is rolling and at the same time the lure was out and also tangled in the net,,well my buddy puts the "grabber" on the bottom lip and he ALWAYS says that when you get the grabber on the bottom lip the fish CAN NOT GET OFF !!! famous last words,,he got off and I grabbed it and got about 5 nice little slits in my thumb,,DAMN they have sharp teeth,we get the grabber on it again and I told my buddy "you hold the S.O.B. because I HAVE TO TAKE THE PICS !!! well we got the FnF sign in the pic,,we got the fish along side the measuring stick and he had the tail bent on the floor of the boat so these pics arent the greatest either but at least I got the sing in it,,this one was 37"-38" and went 17 Lbs,,it was a STOCKY thing to
here is the 2nd Musky

all in all I had a pretty good night,,I am starting to believe in those damn moon tables  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
We MIGHT hit it Saturday and Sunday too ??? its 4:18 AM right now,,sooooooo I might sleep in and let the musky rest for a day ???  :innocentwhistle: :roflmao:
Thank you
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

weedwalker

Nice fish Bob.  :yoyo:

I don't think you're supposed to lip grab muskies though  :roflmao:

Bills Custom Calls

Nice fish Bob :yoyo:

2 muskie and a sore thumb Getting week in your old age  :readthis: :roflmao: :roflmao:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Nice looking fish, great eating too  :yoyo:
Looks like it started getting dark on ya, thanks for the pics  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

Jim
Those 2 went back in the Lake,,thats why it was a pain to get good pics with the measuring sticks and the FnF sign in there,,those fish LIKE to beat the hell out of their captors  :laf: and we try to get them back in the water FAST !
the 2nd one we took a scale sample so when we scraped the 2nd fish with the knife, HE WASNT HAPPY  :huh:
it was around 8:40 PM when I caught my last Musky ,,Now its time to hunt for a 50" musky  :fingerx: now I just need to give someone a course on taking pics,,he was actually looking through the real small view finder and not the screen and
He was pushing and holding the button down and not letting it reset at all,,THIS will be hardest part is teaching him
Photography 101  :laf:
Bob

Hawks Feather

Bob,

Somehow I missed this post.  Nice looking fish.  I can't wait to see the BIG one.

Jerry

Silencer

I missed it as well, I dont check the fishin' forums too much.

Awesome catch !

ohiobob

I want the "50 Incher" and a 40 Pounder  :laf: :confused: :confused: :confused: I can wish can't I ??? they are in that Lake,,its just you have to be VERY dedicated for that,,but on the same note,,there is an old guy that fishes that lake 6-8 hours a day,he is retired,,and HE has yet to get a MONSTER yet,,its the people that go 4 times a year that NAIL the big ones,,people do NOT realize what it takes to BOAT 1 that big! Now My wife has given me permission to buy a boat now,,BUT I will wait till winter or late fall when the prices come down  :laf:
Bob

DirtyDog

Nice fish Bob....which lake were you fishing in. There are a few goods ones in your area that I know of.

ohiobob

New Dog
These fish were caught at Leesville Lake,Right outside of Sherrodsville Ohio,,I live about 10 Minutes from Leesville Lake and I live 3-4 Miles from Atwood Lake which has some BIG Crappie and Saugeye in it,,about the only "fishing" I did in Atwood is Bowfishing and we had a Ball doing that,,hell people followed us around like we were friggin Rock Stars  :doh2:
Bob

DirtyDog

I know right where you are talking about. Pleasant Hill also has some good musky. It is right by Mohican State Forest (good hunting by the way  :wink:) Have fun on your next outing. That kinda reminds me of the trip I took to Canada for some big pike. Didn't catch any real big ones, but we sure caught a ton of em.  :biggrin:

ohiobob

There is a TON of Northern Pike in One Leg Crick Connoton Creek) behind my house there are a FEW Lakes that empty into "One Leg" and NO ONE knew there were Pike In that Creek,,except for 1 old guy about 80 years old,,when i was around 12 we use to ride our bikes up to the little 1 room General store and listen to the stories this old guy would tell us,well he told us there was Pike big enough to eat us in that creek,,well me,my brother and a friend went walking through the field in front of the farmer that owned it,we had Lures tied on our poles,,he laughed like hell and told us there wasnt ANYTHING in that Crik except Carp and Cat Fish,,well he was right about the Carp and Cat Fish being in there ,,and he said we were NUTS fishing with Lures,,,about 30-40 Minutes after that conversation we were showing him about a 32" Northern Pike,,he SWORE we bought that Fish and set him up  :roflmao: well a few days later we took his son down there and I caught another one about 36" Long,,BUT remember I was around 12,,so it was more like 50"s
so we came up out of the bottoms and the Farmers son was so excited because he had a Pike get off that he was telling his Dad and he said to his Dad,,dad,,that Son Of A Bitch was this Long and he spread his hands as wide as they would go,the Farmer just GLARED at his son and asked hi: what di dyou SAY??? well the Farmer to him to GET HIS ASS TO THE BARN because he was going to teach him NOT TO CUSS !!! I ran home because I didnt want a "Colatteral" ass beating  :roflmao: well he never did anything to his Son,and me and his Son ended up Best Friends!!!
NO ONE is allowed to Fish there anymore because some City Shit Bought the 200 Acres and told the Farmer to let
ALL THE HILLBILLYS KNOW that NO ONE is allowed on THEIR PROPERTY !!! well he may as well have sent EVERYONE around here an Invitation,,because when THAT got around everybody and their Brothers tromped ALL OVER their Land!
well everyone except for me  :biggrin: BUT you would THINK that people were smarter than that  :shrug:
Bob