• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I guess it's all relative

Started by studabaka, July 03, 2007, 09:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

I picked up this nice 7 lbs'r in a pond I have caught a few bass in, but never bigger than around 3 lbs. It hit within the first 15-20 minutes of getting there.

About 15-20 minutes later a another guy shows up with his two young sons. He had just bought them their first fishing poles the day before and this was their first time fishing. Seemed only right that I should give them a glimpse of what would be lurking in the water below the bream and crappy they were about to encounter with their worms, crickets, and bobbers. [smiley face bobbers I should note]. They were quickly wide eyed and ready to get to it.

For the next couple hours I heard a continuous stream of hooting, hollering, laughing, instruction, and encouragement.... plus the kids were carrying on a bit too  :biggrin: I caught regular glimpses of bream being brought in, lines being untangled, hooks being baited...... They had dad hopping. He was having a blast and doing a magnificent job of keeping them going full steam. It was a hoot and I found myself cackling and thinking about my time with my cane pole and red wagon down at the shinner pond. Two new fishermen were being indoctrinated before my eyes and it was just plain good  :biggrin:

I managed a few more smaller fish over the course of that time, but it was hard to keep my attention on my fishing.

But then I had another good hit and after it's first jump I new it was good size..... apparently, so did the boys and their dad, because as I grabbed it's jaw and turned up the bank they were heading my way. I raised it up and ask them 'do ya think it's as big as the one I showed you?'...... all three answered together...... 'it's bigger!!!'

..... and they were right. Kinda makes the 7 lbr look a bit small don't ya think?

I'm really not sure which of the four of us had the best fishing, but as they left they stopped to tell me they were coming back in the morning........ Hard to beat that  :congrats: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

weedwalker

That's a nice pair of bass there Stu :congrats: :yoyo:

The Rock

Sounds like a wonderful  trip and experiance Stu!

Nice Bass Too!!!  :congrats:

Hawks Feather

Stu,

It sure is fun to listen to kids, of course if I caught a couple of bass like those two I would be making much more noise they the kids.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Nelson

Those sure are nice bass from anybody's pond!!!!!!!!!  To bad the contest is over.     :madd:

The kids will be talking about the guy that caught the giant fish for a long time.      :yoyo: :yoyo:

Nelson

CCP

Quoteand they were right. Kinda makes the 7 lbr look a bit small don't ya think?

Alright Stu don't leave me hanging.

WHAT did the second bass weigh?????????
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

I loved that story, it makes ya smile just reading it............and looking at your smiling mug.  :wink:

I'm glad all involved had a wonderful time.  :congrats: :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

keekee

Dang! Those are nice Bass Stu!

Brent

KySongDog

Super nice fish indeed!  But I think I liked the story about the kids the best!   :yoyo:

awh

:shck:... Those are nice Stu. Now, what -cha use to get em?  :biggrin:

Loved the story behind them and know what the dad was going through. If they stick w/ it pretty soon he'll be like me asking the kids for advise..... :roflmao:

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

clousewt

I remember my dad taking me when I was not big enough to hold a fishing pole. You topped my best bass, 7lbs 4 oz.

Coulter

Nice fish Stu...I gotta ask - do you kayak? Just noticed the shirt :biggrin:

Steve

studabaka

yup..... not so much any more, but still a couple times a year...... but I stay off the creeks and tend to frequent less technical 3-4 rivers. There was a time when kyaking was a year round every weekend activity..... but then we had kids  :shck:
I remember kyaking the French Broad River [section 9] in a snow storm in a wet suit [before dry suits arrived on the scene]

I don't understand why these young hot dogs look at my dancer and laugh  :shrug:

Coulter

I might just have to make a swing by your place next weekend, we are heading to the Outer Banks this Friday and I will be coming back a week ahead of my wife, so I can go where I want :biggrin: I'll send ya a PM in a few minutes. Maybe I'll show ya how to use that turkey call :biggrin:

Steve