• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Short trip!

Started by keekee, July 09, 2007, 06:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Got out the other night for a short break. I had bunch of work in the shop and been running on little sleep so I only fished from 5:30 to 12:30. The heat here has been awful so the fishing was slow, and the lack or rain has not helped much. But it felt good to get out and just kick back for a bit!

I only got 2 runs while I was there, I hooked up with this 31 pound flathead on a bluegill. The other hook up came off right after the hook set. :sad: But you will have that! I may not of let him run long enough.

Later on my brother-in-law cough this little guy, it weighed it a 6 pounds.

Dad was pretty lade back all evening and night, I had been getting bait and he was keeping a close eye on my rods...lol

Believe this or not, we got a little hungry, so I called the local pizza shop to see if we could get a delivery. The gladly delivered and saved us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They cough a couple after I left but said it was kind of slow. I think they said one at 12 pounds and one at 16. All and all! It was fun!

Brent

FinsnFur

Can you deliver a pizza down by the dock?
That is funny  :laf:

That's a helluva honker ya got there.  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Pizza....lol...Who would of thought! It was dads idea :innocentwhistle:, I just called, you should of seen me trying to give the lady directions of how to find us....LMAO!  :eyebrownod:

Brent

studabaka

I really like your cat fishing approach  :congrats:

30 yrs ago a buddy and I used to do something similar. Sometimes for cats [but we never got any the size you have been getting], sometimes for carp [we had some preety good hauls on them], and sometimes for trout [with an occassional 4+ lber brought in].

Regardless of the catch, the comradery of the time together with lines out and discussions about anything and everything was priceless. Nice you can do that with your dad.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Brent,

May have been a short trip, but it looks like it was a good one.

Jerry

awh

Short trip.  :confused:...That's what my wife says about me going crazy.

Great pics Brent. I wish we had cats that size around here.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

keekee

Thanks guys! I sure will remember these times with my dad! I get out with him every chance I can both hunting and fishing!

AWH,

Your welcome to come down anytime and bring the boy! We can get into some big flats for sure!

Brent

awh

I might take ya up on that next summer. This years vacation time is shot to hell over medical problems in the family. But all should be well come mid August. :fingerx:

I got to thinking too, it would be down right funny watching Lil-man work one of those big cats. He would have to be tied to a truck bumper to keep from going skiing...LOL That would be Christmas card material right there....
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

keekee

Strapped to the bumper....LMAO! :roflmao:

I got to watch my son take on his first big cat at about age 6, funny stuff right there! I have had a few that I had to hold the front of the rod up so they don't loose the pole!

Brent

Todd Rahm

Ok, now do I try to come down for turkey or catfish?  :doh2:

Thats one honker your holding there.

Coulter

Very nice catch Brent...the bigeest cats we have around here are 10-12 pound channels. There are some flats in the Allegheny, but it is to far to drive without knowing a good spot...I just don't have the time to scout them out :madd:

As far as the Pizza....that is pure Spicoli there - right out of Fast Times at Ridgemont High - I love it.

Steve

Arkyyoter

WTG....looks like a ton of fun!!!

Joe