• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wife Undergoing Surgery (Updated)

Started by CypressSlough, August 16, 2007, 11:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Brian,

I am really sorry to hear the latest turn of events with your wife, but darn thankful for those kidney stones. I won't even attempt to imagine what our going through, but I'll for sure offer my support to ya anyway I can.

KySongDog

Brian

So very sorry to hear the news.  :sad:  They have made great strides in fighting cancer in recent years and your wife has the best possible chance of beating this thing.  I have a family member who went throught it and is now in remission.  Your wife and your family will be in our prayers. 

Johnny

Nelson

Brian,

My heart goes out to you and your family.  I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. 

This is a Bible verse that helps me through difficult times: " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and in all your ways acknowledge him  and He will direct your path". 

Stay strong and we will hope and pray for the best outcome.

Nelson

studabaka

Brian,

I am at a loss for words that might bring comfort, but I hope knowing that you have friends here that care and are praying for you, your wife, and your kids might in some small way be an encouragement as you face this. There is always hope.

May you both find strength and peace in the battle your in and what ever comes in the days ahead.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

keekee

I dont know what to say Brian, except for we will pray for you and your family. Stay strong and tell her to fight! All of this will work out!  Stay tough my friend!

Brent

HaMeR

Best of Luck Brian!! I know you'll be strong for your Family. What helped me this past winter with my Wife was time in the garage every now & again. Just go out & do what needs to be done. Sometimes it's just thinking & sometimes there's a little crying. We wish your entire family the Best of Luck in this & Godspeed in her full recovery. I really did like reading the "40-50 more years" part of your post. Sounds like you have a very talented & caring Dr!!

Be strong & remember,,, you can always come here for a little pick me up if we can help!!  We'll do our best!! :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Dear Brian: It is quite obvious that God has His hand on your family & I've read plenty to be rejoicing in Him. This could have been way worse. Know this: that He has been faithful to you & your family & has no intensions whatsoever to turn aside from you.  You are in a wonderful position now to watch the Hand of God work on your behalf. As God told the patriarches. "Be strong & of good courage." That is the thing I believe He would tell you now.

My elderly mentor's father told him when he was young ... "God can pull you through a knothole ... if you can stand the pull."
From experience I can tell you it's a lot better on the other side.  :eyebrow:
Coyote Kate & I will be praying for you all!  ;yes;
Gotta go my eyes are sweating.  :sad3:

bowjunkie

Brian , I wish there were words to make ya feel better ...our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours

at this moment when ya look down theres only one set of footprints where you walk because the good Lord is carrying you through this time of need (thinking about one of my favorite poems Footprints )
              God Bless

Ed
                                       The Poem
                               Footprints in the Sand by
                                      Mary Stevenson       

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
                   walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
                   sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
                   noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
                    belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
                    the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
                    looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
                    noticed that many times along the path of his life
                    there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
                    that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
                    times in his life. This really bothered him and he
                    questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
                    once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
                    the way. But I have noticed that during the most
                    troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
                    of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
                    you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,
                    "My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
                    never leave you. During your times of trial and
                    suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it
                    was then that I Carried You."                 

CypressSlough

Thanks for everything guys. I have to tell you. Today Laura is looking like my best friend again. Her color has returned as well as some of her sense of humor. She's made a tremendous bounce back. Even the doctors and nurses can't believe how well she is doing. To say my spirits have been lifted and my faith has been restored is an understatement. Laura and myself want to thank all of you for being there for us, and having us as a part of the FnF family. It helps so much just knowing you guys are here for us.

Thanks again to our FnF family,

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

iahntr

That puts a smile on my face again when I read it!   Later man, Scott
Scott

HaMeR

I'm really glad to hear that little bit of news too!! 

Those guys I work with are always complaining about how tough they have it in their lives. :rolleye:  I keep telling them they haven't seen anything yet!! I guess I'm fortunate in that I realize that no matter how bad my day is going,,, somebody somewhere has real troubles.  Best of Luck to your entire Family & I truly hope the recovery stays on course. God is truly amazing. :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bowjunkie

WOOHOO  :yoyo: thats great glad to here she's lookin better

vvarmitr

Hey Brian: Send me the name of that Doctor, maybe I can get an appointment for Coyote Kate w/ him.  :laf:

:doh2: Oh boy, if CK reads this I'm going to need a doctor. :huh:

Thanks for the update. They mean a lot to us.  :wink:

Bob D

Brian,
I hope and pray for Laura to recover quickly.
Bob

canine

It's amazing how tuff these women can be Brian  :wink:

Still praying for you all!! Stay positive!!

Best wishes
JD

awh

So glad to hear she is feeling better. Prayers sent here for the whole family.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Brad H

This has been hard to read. But I'm glad things are brightening up for you and your family, Brian. It's terrible that things like this have to happen to good people like you.

Brad

rainshadow1

Lifting you and your gang up to the Lord, Brian. Looking forward to hearing that "All Clear!"

Coulter

I profusely apologize for not responding to this thread sooner Brian. I just didn't get a chance to read it. I hope all is well with your wife and family now. I completely understand what you are all going through. My wife has had numerous bouts with cancer in the last two years. First a bit of skin cancer, then a bit of ovarian. Just when we think she is free and clear she goes in for a check up and more is found after her hysterectomy. She underwent laser treatment for six weeks and her last check up was good. She does not have to see the Dr. for another two months for another checkup. Hopefully her next is good as well.

Anyway, I'm glad everyting has worked out for you and your family. I hope you all stay healthy,

Steve

CypressSlough

Heys guys, we got the pathology report this afternoon. Laura's lymph nodes are 100% clean, but her liver came back positive. The doctor said this doesn't change anything as far as her outcome or chemo treatment. He talked to the oncologist and he said the type of ovarian cancer she has is 100% treatable. It is epithelial adno carcinoma which is the easiest type of cancer to treat. We're keeping our heads high and trying to stay positive. She's ready to fight this to the end, and I'm ready to fight with her.

Thanks guys,

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503