• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

10 hours of fishin

Started by bushmaster, September 16, 2007, 06:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmaster

Just got back from the river in Anson county, NC.  Caught two 4ft gar and 1 30lb. flathead cat.  I could not believe the baitfish, for ten hours straight i watched these 12in+ baitfish get massacred by some monster gar.  I had three lines out, two with shad and one was armed with an 8in. bream.  That bream sealed the deal for the big cat of the night.  Problem was that when I went to land him, both rocks that were under my feet tumbled into the river.  Right Next To The Power Damn!!!  And so into the drink I went,  ofcourse having no idea of the drop off or just how strong the current was.  I'm not gonna lie, i think i pee'd a little when I felt myself being sucked off the shoreline.  I kicked like a son of a bitch and scrambled up the rocks,  my partner was kind enough to man my fishin pole and laugh hysterically while I fought for my life.  Man, I sure had some fun.  Didn't have a camera, but I'll always have this story to tel :whew: :whew:  -Bushy
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

cb223

That's FUNNY!!!

Years ago I was river fishin with a friend for trout. We were standing on the edge of a big drop off just upstream of a big hole. All of a sudden it gave way. As I was being washed down stream I turned around just in time to grab my buddies outstretched hand as I was going down. My Buddie pulled me out. Good thing I had a belt on my waders. other wise they would have filed up and pulled me down!
CHAD

Hawks Feather

Dang, a four foot fish.  That would be a blast to catch.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I've never fished a river yet that had much of a conscience. Sounds scary  :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BasinBoy

lol ya Jerry just wants to hear about the fish he dont care about the part of the story when you almost died.lmao! :hahaha: