• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hybrid Striper

Started by Lighterknot, October 12, 2006, 08:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighterknot

I caught this 10lb hybrid just below Mitchell Damn on the Coosa river in south central Alabama earlier this summer...picture came out a little blurry.

Chad

slagmaker

NICE!! We have stripper in the brookville resivore never been fnishing for them tho
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

I would love to scrap with one of those.
I wish we had them around here, that is cool!  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Lighterknot

yeah i caught him on a medium or light medium spinning rig on 10lb test...good thing it was deep and he never made it back down to the rocks, because he was peelin some major drag.  they are an awesome fight for sure and I recommend anyone try it at least once if they have them nearby.
Chad

slagmaker

If anybody get around the Brookville In area we have the Brookville resivore. If ya dont get any fish theres always yote and fox in the managment area

Posiedon

Nice fish, I have always wanted to catch them, but there is only one lake around here that has got them, and I don't like fishing it due to all the dang skiers and jetskiers.

Lighterknot

Yeah skiing and jetskiing is fun, but gets very annoying when you are out fishing.  I fish in a small bass club as a non-boater, and some of the guys I have been paired with get so pissed when we fish a popular lake in the summer.  They would rather fish some of the rivers that don't see as many recreational boaters.
Chad

slagmaker

Lot of people fish for strippers in brookville. Las tinme I was there the "joy boaters" wer out so thick I didnt see anyway for a man to fish. But I would still love to tie into one of those monsters.

weedwalker

If you take a Zara Spook, as big as they come, and replace the hooks with bigger hooks, them water skiers put up a good fight on topwater.

slagmaker

MIght have to try that weedwalker. I saw one once wearing one of them little skimpy two piece bikinis that I would love to to have cought and mounted :roflmao:

weedwalker