• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

a new walleye season approaches

Started by northern coyote, February 14, 2008, 07:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern coyote

with the new walleye season almost upon us, i was wonder just what tactics were used by fishermen in other parts of the country. here it's really either dixie spinners or stickbaits.
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

DirtyDog

There are some times that I wish that I still lived in Ohio......walleye season is one of them.  :rolleye:

FinsnFur

We fish the wings dams and the locks for em here and it's basically all jigging.
Minnows hooked through the lips, or the dorsal on a 3/8's ounce jig and slowly bounced off the bottom as the boat slowly trolls around.

The river where we do this is maybe 300 yards wide, and when they are hitting, you could literally walk across the river on boats. I'm not kidding, the boats pack in there like sardines, you can easily whack the guy in the boat next to you with your pole. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

We've got a lake full of walleye here in Ky and not hardly anybody fishes for them. Laurel Lake at Corbin, Ky. I'll be checking out my boat this Saturday getting it ready for them. Mostly jigs & minnows here too. There's a dam at the upper end of the lake where the walleye pile up under it to spawn. The water temp was 42 last week, they should be bite'n.