• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

does anyone here night hunt?

Started by bigben, November 15, 2006, 08:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Nice looking "fur  lined" driveway you have there.   :laf:

Jerry

Jrbhunter

Well that's about all I can stand... after all this talk about coon calling I'm going back out.  It's 11:20 now and the rain has lightened up, maybe they are running now.  I've got the equipment already in the truck, just needed a little prodding to get out of this chair by the woodstove.   Glad I saw this thread- it light another fire under me!     :sneer:

bigben

jrb hunter gave sound advice.  if ya wanna take it a step farther.  find a field that borders a decent water source.  walk the edge and look for big patchs of corn knocked down.  this is coons goin in there and crawlin up the stalks till they fall over.  then it is dinner time.  and that is a true that alot of times if there is no coon to fight then it will get after you.  another thing that you will wanna watch is shooting a coon with a shotgun.  it lowers the fur value considerably.

night hunting fox is about the most fun you can have at night with your clothes on.  :laf:  in my areas we have more fox then coyotes anyhow.  plus I am normally up till 11 at night watchin tv.  why not put good time to use hunting.  anyone that has not night hunted is missin out truly
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

browning204

well I was gonna give it a try tonight but there is no way that I will be able to hold a light and shoot at the same time. Plus my girlfriend gave me a little bit of a cold.

Maybe next time, it sucks that the only thing that we can night hunt is coons exept coyote but we have to have written land owner permission and all that junk.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

bigben

all it takes is a little light to light up there eyes.  just put the crosshairs between the two red dots and squeeze.  one more thing is if you think you are a crack shot during the day with a rifle.  try it at night when the animal looks away from you and you loose em in the scope.  that is what hurts most people.  I though it was easy until I tried it this year.  so far I have missed 6 fox this year at night.  that I felt certian I would have got with a shotgun and a little more callin.  up until this year it was all shot gun.  but wanted somethin quieter  so I went to a hmr.  now I am findin out i might wanna switch to the shotgun again.  this callin in an missin sucks.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Jrbhunter

For calling coyote and fox at night you need a lightforce.   I wish there was another company out there competing with them but there simply isn't.    I've had some technical problems with my lightforce but there just aren't any real options out there for GOOD scope lighting equipment.

For coon about any light source will work... even a little LED flashlight to give you eyes.  It takes a while to get used to night shooting but coon is a great way to break the ice!  I'm going out after fox and coyote here in about an hour.. I slept all afternoon so I'd feel good and energized when the weather breaks at 10-11pm tonight.

bigben

nite lite has good products.  around here that is all you need. 

bigben

here is my light setup lense has red dy kem  on it.  the plug plugs into my wizard head lamp batt through the charge port.  switch still works.  also thanks to my father for the crash course in solderin.  the yellow eveready light is what a buddy on mine came up with for a cheap scanin light.  also works good as a shootin light  just hold the light normal and put your gun on top.  most are wonderin why I do not have a scope light.  well in pa they aint leagal yet.  so we gots to do the next best thing.  most put a broom handle in where the scope mounts then they just hold the broom stick under the forarm of the stock.  what I do is put the light that is black on a belt and the head un hooks from the batt.  it goes on a hat with a shroud close to what the guys in texas use for their night force.  then I scan with the head lamp.  mainly because it is less movement which means less noise.  when I locate a animal i use the yellow one. 

FinsnFur

Pretty slick Ben. You boys are set up  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

R Buker

Jim,

I got sick of not being able to hunt with lights here too.  So, I got the law changed.  Get out there and get it taken care of!!  :D

FinsnFur

Seriously?......it took finally?   :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com