• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

American Civic Literacy Test

Started by coyote101, March 26, 2009, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

This may help explain why our nation is in the shape it is in. Go to this site and take the quiz and see how you compare to the average:

www.americancivicliteracy.org

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Silencer

Is that the one for the Civic Literacy Report ?

If so, I'm being totally honest here... I do recall alot of what was asked but couldnt put a finger on the right answer.

You answered 20 out of 33 correctly — 60.61 %

Average score for this quiz during March: 73.5%
Average score: 73.5%

I cant believe I've forgoten most of what was asked.  I did do ok in school with Civics and History.    :shrug:

LORDDAL

You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %

man i always hated civics class specially the tests
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Silencer

ah.. thanks Lord Al.... kick me while I'm down..   J/K..

No matter, I still didnt vote for Osama  :wink: 

LORDDAL

same here but dont let the score bother you Silencer we both still did better than Obama and Jimbo  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Okanagan

31 out of 33 for 93.94%  Surprised me to do that well.

I wouldn't sweat a low score on this because IMO it isn't a very good civics test.  Some of it is OK but a good number of the questions are loaded political bias more than they measure general civics knowledge.

With questions like, "Which of the two would a government do to stimulate the economy during a severe recession?" they aren't serious about general civics.  Who knows what any government will do?  

The constitutional questions are good and some of the history, but you gotta be kidding to expect any but a tiny minority of history buffs to have any idea what anti-Whigs (or whatever splinter party) influenced in the late 1700's.  Who will remember Ron Paul 200 years from now, at least for what he has done so far, and why should they?

Silencer

I'm still feeling stupid  :puke:  I should have copied and pasted the answers I got wrong.

HaMeR

I got 22-33 for 66.67%. I'm thinking I missed the ones I guessed on.  :innocentwhistle:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bills Custom Calls

I just told me I am a Dumb ass  :shrug: 

You answered 13 out of 33 correctly — 39.39 %

I guess I should pay more attention,but I am to poor for that  :nono:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Frogman

You answered 32 out of 33 correctly — 96.97 %

Hey, I'm a retired school teacher!!  Missed number 8.  Made very lucky guesses on #11, #13, #14, #25, #27.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

LORDDAL

come on Jimbo post up your score and no cheating and asking Frogman for the answers  :biggrin: :roflmao: :roflmao: