• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Weedwalker's "2009" Fish

Started by weedwalker, May 20, 2009, 09:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

It was a tuff day on the lake today. I hooked a BIG bass on a rattle trap but he jumped and threw it. I caught a few small bass and only one that measured. A 16 1/2" bass.

Here's a couple of the small ones...

golfertrout

nice one                 :madd:

pitw

Nice fish and good for you.  I can't get over the pictures showing trees in the water from down there.  I don't see that here as our lakes don't change.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I'm gonna have to save my money and take a trip bass fishing down south. You guys got some beautiful looking bass, and I've heard most of the lunkers hang down there.

Nice pics. Your off to a start :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Quote from: pitw on May 20, 2009, 09:55:15 PM
Nice fish and good for you.  I can't get over the pictures showing trees in the water from down there.  I don't see that here as our lakes don't change.

All the lakes down here are man-made impoundments. They usually clear the land in the main basins down to the dam. but they leave a lot of trees in the bays and creekbeds for cover. After about 15-20 years the trees rot and break off at the water line and can be dangerous to boaters. You have to watch were your going.

KySongDog

golfertrout

weed u have some catching up to do :roflmao:    u better be posting more pics then that. i hope to add more inches tonight  :biggrin:

weedwalker

OK Golfertrout. Between you and the gubmint a workin man ain't got a chance. :nono:
However, I was finally able to get out last night.

Here's a 16 1/2" Smallmouth

Here's an 18" Bass

Here's a 20" Bass

Here's a 22" Walleye

weedwalker

Some more....

Here's a 21" Walleye

Here's a 21 1/2" Walleye

That brings me up to 135 1/2".

I threw the smallmouth back because they are rare where I caught it. But I did keep these for supper.

Gonna try and hit 'em again tonight.  :biggrin:

alscalls

Good for you ED!....... :yoyo: :yoyo: Thats what we wanted all along was folks to get involved and make this fun!
Now I gotta go fishing your catching me...... :shck:
I need to get some pics posted...... :whew:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

golfertrout

nice fish weed, those will make a mighty fine meal. wish we could have some more pics from others. off to a good start.

Silencer

awesome   :bowingsmilie: !!!  couple weeks before bass opens up here in PA. 

canine

Nice catches Ed!!  Just don't wear out that trigger finger, reeling all them lunkers in  :biggrin:

JD

Coon hunter

Lay with em dude  :biggrin: WOOO HOOO :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap:
Quality Whole sale and customer Taxidermy

Coon hunting  Its a passion .

FinsnFur

Dayyyyyyy ummmmm Ed! :yoyo:

Nice job. Hey do any of those bass have eggs in them?
By looking at the tails, they have either been done spawning for a LONG time or they arent even close to ready yet.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

weedwalker

Jim, the biggest bass had a very small sack with not hardly any eggs. I think she was pretty much done with the spawn.

weedwalker

I tried another place last night, so no walleye. But it was still worth the trip.

A 15 1/2" bass

An 18" bass

An 18 1/2" smallmouth

weedwalker

A 19" white bass

And a 17" white bass

That brings me up to 223 1/2"

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

weedwalker

I was hopeing to have a few more. They were biting good but a big thunderstorm came rolling in. I don't like being out in a boat in the dark during a bad storm. It's bad enough in the daytime. So I put it on the trailer and came home.