• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Junk Camera

Started by 5 SHOTS, August 12, 2009, 09:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

I got a package today in the mail. First thing I did was look to see if it was my name, (check) then I looked to see where it came from, (uh oh) then I opened it. OK, when Barry (Pitw) asked where i lived, and said he might come through so he could meet me, it was my duty to make sure that if he did, I would be in town so I didn't waste his time driving out of the way for nothing. Apparently he was impressed with a drive through the back roads of eastern Montana, Because the little piece of scrap metal that squeaked, that I gave him was in no way close to the contents of the package. I thought about sending it to FinsNFur to auction off for a split second (before I opened the package), then got greedy, (maybe next time Jim). So I spent a while with camera in hand, burning up a few sets of batteries, trying to give the contents justice.......It will not happen with the equipment I have. I can't even describe it so I will show you the pics and let your imagination try to do it the justice it deserves...........

I have been looking at HuntnCarves works of art for a while now and never quite had the cash to spare.
Thank you Barry. I can't tell you how much I love this call.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

Thats right there is very Barry.
No... that's how I meant to say it.  :wink:

Barry dont let no one slip through the cracks.
He must think pretty highly of you .:eyebrownod:   We all know what a cherishing an origianal HuntnCarve Calls gets. :thumb2:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 12, 2009, 09:25:26 PM

Thats right there is very Barry.
No... that's how I meant to say it.  :wink:

Could not have said it any better.

Jerry

KySongDog

Barry has a most generous heart.    :congrats:

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 12, 2009, 09:25:26 PM

He must think pretty highly of you .

I agree with Jim.  Otherwise that package might have been ticking.   :biggrin:

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

The bottom line is that it's not about the call.. It's just some wood and plastic.  It's the sentiment that's attached that gives it meaning.  I just can't build that into a call.. Our friend Barry thinks and does alot for all of us.  What more can I say that hasn't already been said?  How about, "Thanks Barry, for making this site alittle nicer for all of us."  Glad you are here, and we're proud to call you a friend!

Dave

PS.  Glad you like Barry's gift  5 shots.

pitw

I went down to Glendive and met Art at a service station.  His greeting was to stick out his hand with these wrapped in white cloth.

The 243 shell is for size and Art did not give me that.  The man then used his car to drive me around his country for the next 12 hours or so and got my fishing licence.  He introduced me to hunters from the area and I can honestly say I had a better guide than Pro Outfitter could provide.  He even knows a good spot to eat :innocentwhistle:.  Playing with the different cannon fuses and seeing an AR up close and personal was just icing on the cake.  Man that store bought cannon fuse is way more dependable than my home made stuff, you don't got to run no where near as fast with it.  Taking a day off work to show us the sights was an amazing thing to me and I'm glad he did.
Art expressed his dislike of going to the call board as he wants them all so I thought I'd see if Dave would help us out and bingo. :yoyo:
  Thanks Dave and Art for treating this piece of Canadian trash like a human :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
I still think a road trip to Barry's is in order.......Then we get to be nice to him when we get back and he would have to to just sit there and take it. :biggrin:
Cool thing ya done Barry...... :highclap: :highclap:
5 Shots........I dont blame ya for keeping that one at all.... :nono: Its a looker! And I am sure it works as well....... :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

R Buker

HaMeR

Purdy cool deal Barry!!  :yoyo:

I like the way Dave put things too. No matter how hard you try you just can not build some things in to a call.  So the next best thing is to just make it with your usual pride & patience & let the chips fall where they may!!   :yoyo:

And Art deserves a lot of credit too. Even tho he probably doesn't want to be called out on it he still went out of his way to make Barry & his Family feel Very Welcome.  :yoyo:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

golfertrout

Barry is a very good guy in my book without a dought.  Barry sent me a call several months ago and it was a hillbilly howler and you outta see them coyotes come a running to that call :laf:

Todd Rahm

Ya gotta watch those fellas. Both Barry and Dave can be very sneaky and shady at times.  :innocentwhistle:

HuntnCarve

Quote from: Todd Rahm on August 13, 2009, 01:33:25 PM
Ya gotta watch those fellas. Both Barry and Dave can be very sneaky and shady at times.  :innocentwhistle:

I think we get that from Mr. Latta?  :laf:

pitw

Okay already with the praise,  I'm starting to think you might want something :innocentwhistle: .  Actually I'm flattered, BUT
this forum ain't about any one person.  You all and I each contribute in our own way, some can carve, give great info, make a person laugh[or cry], build a call, be there when needed and look forward to the next time we can get on board.  It takes a pretty diverse group of odd balls/great people to do whats been done here.  I unfortunately cannot create anything with my hands but I will admit that those that can will be envied :bowingsmilie:.  Have a great night and enjoy your selves knowing you are cool.
Quote from: HuntnCarve on August 13, 2009, 07:39:02 PM

I think we get that from Mr. Latta?  :laf:

That's a fact Jack :laf: :wink:

alscalls

Whos praising.......I said I wanted to meet Bob and Don....... :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bopeye

Well, I'll take a chance at drawing you ire, but I will say, this whole situation was pretty cool. Everyone seems pretty intrigued to say the least.

:highclap: :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

Congrats to everyone  :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Hey you guys.....PITW did a little trickery with his post back there. Did ya see that?

and he says he dont know how :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 14, 2009, 05:31:03 AM
Hey you guys.....PITW did a little trickery with his post back there. Did ya see that?

and he says he dont know how :sneer:

Like I said "WE all contribute", and I did that click on a bunch of icons thingy you told me to try and thats what happened. :yahoo:  I learn something everyday here[Some stuff I can use and some I can't].

5 SHOTS

I feel so unworthy..... :sad3: I didn't do anything I wouldn't do for most anyone on here. A chance to meet someone from fins' was well worth the 4 hours of work that I missed. :yahoo: :yahoo:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.