• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Black deer...anyone ever seen one???

Started by centerfire_223, December 27, 2006, 11:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I was getting in my truck to come to work this evening and noticed something in my food plot out back. At first I thought it was my mom's Rottweiler, cause it was black. So I went inside and grabbed my bino's and found out it wasn't mom's dog but was a deer. It had white that came way up on its sides and it's back and legs were totally black, not dark grey, but black!! I couldn't tell how big it's horns were but I could tell that he had some. It was about 200 yards away.

I told my son about it and he is planning on going out to sit in the ladder stand that we have out there. It was only about 50 yards from where I seen this deer. Hopefully he will get it so I can get some pictures.

Anyone ever seen a deer this color before?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Nope......but all the black coyotes you been shooting Ronnie, it doesn't surprise me  :wink:
There's something tainting the creek water down there.  :confused:   :laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I have a picture of a black buck that was taken out west  I will post pics tonight.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Bopeye

I hope your son gets him...............I don't believe I've ever heard of a black deer.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

fuzz624

Black stag.Thease animals are supposedly more rare than a albino.If you or your son get him,make sure to do a full body mount on him.It would be worth alote of $.Good luck

canine

Can you high power rifle down there Ronnie?

I hope you all get him, that would be a trophy. That's called Melanistic by the way..

JD

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

fuzz624

Wow Bigben,that is a great pic.Where was it killed and who killed it.That is truely a once in a lifetime deer.

centerfire_223

Yep, that's exactely what it looked like.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

I gotta say that's a first for me. WOW that things looks wild.

....maybe cuz it is Jim  :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I do not know it was killed out west somewhere.  I got it in a email.  but I think the head and hooves look to much like a young cow for me to believe it.  maybe it is real  definately a nice trophy if it is.

ohiobob

i heard the black deer was killed in Texas with a 22-250,i seen the pic a little over a year ago?
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

R Buker

Wow.  What a great looking critter.  I'm glad I don't shoot one.  I can't afford the taxidermy bill for the full sized mount!