• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Caught a red

Started by Roundman, December 06, 2009, 11:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

I caught a Red Fox in the trap this morning. As I was walking up to the trap I noticed something was laying in the taller grass, as I got closer I thought it was a red fox, sure enough it was. As I was walking up he was barking  and snapping at me, he even jumped at me a couple times. I've never had a kiyote act as aggressive as this fox.
Now we don't have many red's around here and I have to admit I have a soft spot for them. After putting it in the catch poll and removing the snare I decided to release it. I don't know if it was the right thing to do (as far as the land owner is concerned) but it sure felt good to see it run off looking back at me. For what ever reason I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't get any pictures, sorry. I was able to take a cell phone video of him in the trap. :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Ya done good. It dont hurt to leave a few for seed :biggrin:
I wouldnt mind seeing that clip though. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Roundman

I think I figured out how to post it. This is only a small clip, I wish I had my camera because this doesn't do it justice.

KySongDog

Nice looking fox.  And right feisty too.    :congrats:

cathryn

nice catch.

im still waiting to catch my first red.

Silencer

love the clip,he's was one agressive little red !!!

FinsnFur

Sweet! :biggrin:
There!...and now you all know how to bark like a redfox :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

Great catch...Usually here at home the greys are the ones that are aggressive.  Our red foxes just run around in circles and you can reach down with your hand and go under his belly and grab his neck and take the trap off and they generally wont even fight that much at all.  Sure wouldnt try it with that fellow though.  The red fox is the hardest thing for me to keep because they tame down so quick and easy in your hands.  Makes me feel bad lol.  I've turned a few back myself.
Denver                                           

golfertrout

never grab them unless there dead or you might get bit :nofgr: :laf: