• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Not A Hunter

Started by JohnP, September 16, 2009, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

He doesn't hunt, but he is one heck of a protector.  Last thing every evening is a patrol of our fence line checking for intruders, four and two legged type.  When we let him out in the morning same routine, checks the fence line for anything that came in during the night.  When I'm on the border bird hunting I take him along, never had any problems with the illegals when I have him.  Here he is with our 6 month old grandson, you would probably come up a few fingers short if you reached down to pick that kid up.

With our four year old grandson.  When he is visiting they are inseparable.  I do believe he would kill someone who tried to hurt this boy.

He is getting up in age and probably will not be with us much longer, not a day we are looking forward to.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Thats beautiful John. :wink:

We had a doberman when we was growing up too. In my biased opinion, they are one awesome family dog.
Not overly aggressive, and unbelievably loyal.
When they are like that, they become so much more then a family pet that words cannot describe it. It really urks me to hear people say they wouldnt own a doberman because they are notorious of turning on there owners.
That couldnt be further from the truth.

I think I was 10 or 11 at the time, my younger sister was having a slumber party. One of her friends and her along with the dog were laying on the floor goofing around. The friend playfully swatted at my sisters head goofing around, and the dog instantly grabbed the girls face and held it in his snarling teeth while my sister screamed at the top of her lungs in horror.

Wasn't the dogs fault, but I thought my Dad was going to euthanize him on the spot. I cried for two days thinking he was gonna do it.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Quotenotorious of turning on there owners.
That couldnt be further from the truth.

I hear that. I once befriended another kid in my youth and he had three of those things that wouldn't let me in the house and when they did they watched me like a hawk.

After about a year they defended and guarded me just like I was one of the members of that family. Sweet dogs to once ya got close to them.

KySongDog

Great pictures.  Our family had a chihuahua when I was growing up.  That little dog thought he was a rottweiler.  No one could get near the house without him charging the door.

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
Everyone should have a dog like that once....I miss mine.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

possumal

Nearly any of the breeds who have the bad reputations for their demeanor are as gentle and dedicated as  they can be if raised right.  Kind of like kids when you think about it. My youngest daughter, Cheryl, and her husband, Daryl, raised a brindle Pit Bull from 6 weeks old, and named him "Animal".  He was one strong animal and protected their property and children just like John P described his Doberman.  One of my sons, would get under a blanket in the middle of the yard or the living room floor, and it would sound like the dog was eating him up, but they were just playing rough.  My other two sons wouldn't get under tlike that for love or money.  They had to put him down when he was 12 due to complications from arthritis in his spine, and everybody in the family cried.  He whipped a big Rottweiller that outweighed him by 40 pounds or more, and would have killed him if Daryl had not been home to break it up, but he showed no aggression at all at smaller dogs or children.

I can really feel empathy for you, John P, as our little Shiht-zu is almost 15 and has cataracts and has lost a few teeth lately.  I can't imagine being around with her not there every morning.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Yotehntr

Smartest dog I ever trained. When I was dating my wife she was working at a convenience store. I could drop her lead and tell her sit/stay.  Folks would give her a wide birth coming in but she wouldn't move until I was ready to leave. She'd wait at the door and not move for as long as I stayed. 
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on September 16, 2009, 01:46:55 AM
With our four year old grandson.  When he is visiting they are inseparable.  I do believe he would kill someone who tried to hurt this boy.

I think you are right about this comment.  In fact I think he is sizing you up just for taking the picture.

Jerry

Wolfwoman

Great pic :) I've never met a (big) dog that I didn't like and that didn't like me, no matter the breed!!  I have nine dogs and you just can't argue with me about it ... LOL
If it can be made from fur I can make it!!

Send me a fur and I will made you a hat or mitts for $50