• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Little buckaroo learned to cook.

Started by pitw, August 21, 2010, 08:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Don and I picked raspberries, beans, peas and cucumbers today so for a treat I told him he was in charge of supper.  I told him I wanted my steak branded and bawling so he found his hat for the job.  The rules were that he had to make the fire, find his own grill and mounts, cook it up and not let the dog eat them all :doh2:.

I loved his ingenuity.   The grate from ma's chicken boiling barrel and hitch's from my old trailers :highclap:.

He was quite attentive to his task.

The end result on my plate was superb.

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Barry,

That steak looks like it was cooked just the way I like them.  YUM!   Looks like you have a very intelligent cook there.

Jerry

iahntr

Scott

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Carolina Coyote

Very creative on the Lads part, I like my steak at least roped but looks like he knew how to cook it for you, what happen to the stuff you pick out of the garden? cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 22, 2010, 07:54:58 AM
Very creative on the Lads part, I like my steak at least roped but looks like he knew how to cook it for you, what happen to the stuff you pick out of the garden? cc

Wife froze the beans and peas, made bread and butter pickles out of the cukes and I cleaned and froze the raspberries.
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Looks a little overdone for my taste :innocentwhistle: but it sure wouldn't go to waste.  I didn't know it was possible to grill without a cold brew in one hand....
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

I missed this one, but I gotta agree, the steak looks perfect :biggrin:

Don did good on selecting his homemade grill components too. The pinto hitch is a long untold secret of our native ancestors.
It allows Juuuuuuuuust enough air to pass under the grill through the hole. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

:wo:
Looks to me like that boy needs some more practice.
I'd have him doin that at least once a week.  :eyebrow: