• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Calling sequences

Started by FinsnFur, December 17, 2006, 12:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecriner

I have used at least three diffrent sounds on a stand if need be for the last 3 years now, but i have since started using about 6 or so if i think i need to. A tactic i learnt from my friends in the desert.(thanks Rich H.) I have seen coyotes come in after 6 or so various sounds being performed in AZ on a stand, and i have seen them here in mo. I almost make a vocalization on every stand but not in the first few sequences. I also have sence incorperated the coaxer(wich i never did before) wich the concept of this call is so clear to me now that i wont leave home without it. I have two coaxer calls on my lanyard now! 
            Seeing this tactic work so good in AZ i thought i would give it some time in the east this year to prove it works and it has proven itself well. I have called in coyotes in OK and in MO here lately that i know i wouldnt of if i hadnt of used the diffrent sounds. I filmed a hunt in OK a few weeks ago and used mouse squeaks, bird in dist, cottontail, jack, and nothing. I didnt spend but a lil while on the bird and mouse but blowed at least one 3 minute sequences on the cotton and jack with a few KY YI's mixed in. After that a blew a real soft puppy howl and there she was. Crossj dispatched her shortly after bringing her in to make a movie star out of her. I do belive in multiple sound stands !!! If they dont come in sooner ofcourse. Heres the pic.

" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"