• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Gas here up 24 cents in 5 days

Started by Okanagan, June 11, 2022, 07:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

The cheapest 87 octane ethanol mix in our area was 5.09 for cash last Monday, 5.23 cash price Thurs. at the same staion and 5.33 this morning.

Credit card price was .30/gal higher on Monday (5.39), prob 35 or 40 per gallon higher now.  Big main stations like Chevron were 5.79 five days ago.  Didn't notice today but is likely 5.99 per gal or more. 

It would scare me to know what pitw is paying.

Went for an 8 mile drive last evening with wife to look at bucks in velvet, but not doing much of that this year.

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on June 11, 2022, 07:58:28 PMIt would scare me to know what pitw is paying.

I learned how to siphon 60 some years ago.

If I were to buy it at the closest service station it was $1.89/litre last eve, which would make it $7.14can a US gallon or $5.59US. I use farm fuel and get a mite better deal than city folk. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

bigben

most modern cars cannot be siphoned.  not to mention not many younger people know how to do it.  So they have been crawling under cars and drilling holes in gas tanks locally here to steal gasoline.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

$4.79 here. I  miss Trump :sad:
Im going to have to hire a guard or get a dog to watch my wood pile this winter.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

firewood prices here are sky high.

bigben

Quote from: nastygunz on June 13, 2022, 07:03:22 AMhttps://preparednessadvice.com/siphoning-gasoline-newer-vehicles-without-damaging/

yea but thieves don't care how they get it.  they would rather drill hole in gas tank and f ya over for a couple hundred to replace the tank.  They were big on stealing catalytic converters last summer
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.