• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Posting Pictures

Started by 1snafu, June 19, 2022, 08:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1snafu

I reckon I forgot how? But does this site have it's own picture hosting ability? I do not use an internet picture hosting site. I have some pics to post.

Thanks for any help.

Todd Rahm

No, to the hosting but you can attach small size photos from your phone or computer. See the little attachments arrow under your comment/reply box (when open).

1snafu

FinsnFur

You did everything right. BUT you either used a link to a missing image or the permissions on the image at PhotoBucket are set to private.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

1snafu

Well Jim, I signed up for the FREE trial photobucket site. 1st image I posted had words over it. So I deleted it. I'll be looking for another pic hosting site. Thanks for having me back. Always liked your site.

snafu

1snafu

I decided not to use the FREE photobucket. Because they put their logo over my pic WTH? Anyway I logged onto Flickr & up loaded some pics on there. I still don't know how to post pics from there on here. Someone please just shoot me.  :iroll:

1snafu

Yotehntr

I use Post image it's about like photbucket was. https://postimages.org/
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

JohnP

I use IMGUR, and postimages.org same as Yotehntr.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

I demand a better picture post capability and a chat box on this forum!.. :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Your doing everything right 1snafu. Your just missing one step in the process.
Your posting the web address of the image but your not telling the forum what to do with it. You do that by clicking on the little icon in the menu that look like a small camera photograph. Menu options and tools are right above the box that your typing in when you reply.
And the little icon that look like a camera photograph is the one just left of the YouTube icon up there. In fact if your on a PC and you place your cursor on it, a tool tip will pop up that reads "insert an image". Which indicates you use that feature to ....get ready for it...."insert an image" :biggrin:
When you click that, it will open a small window with a place for you to paste the url of your image. The url is the web address of where your image is stored.
You were posting the url of your image right into your message and the forum treats it as more text not knowing what you want to do with it. When you click that icon and enter the web address in the provided area your image shows up in your message as you post it.
I repaired your Kit Fox photo above to show you.

Nastygunz  :laf: the picture posting on this forum is just like any forum the web. We dont have anything special here. The little menu icons insert BBC code for you so you dont have to try and figure out basic web technology thats a little over 24 years old.  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

:laf: That was brutal. You ok nasty?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

1snafu

Thats all well & good Jim. But....You might as speak a foreign language to me. I aint's got nuttin. Meanwhile back at the ranch I'll stumble my way through, some how?

1snafu

1snafu

OK, got it now. Thanks

---------------------------------
Coyote above is 1/2 mile away. Facing due North. I'm facing due South as I zoomed in on him/her. Wind at it's backside as per usual. When Red Fox & the coyotes bed down. They always have the wind at their backside. Some hunters will never get that shared behavior. Yet it is so simplistic. samo...samo.

nastygunz

I always figured the opposite that they would have the wind in their face for scent purposes.

1snafu

Quote from: nastygunz on June 23, 2022, 09:17:54 PMI always figured the opposite that they would have the wind in their face for scent purposes.

nasty, I can't say exactly why(Not being a canine ya know). But rather I believe that behavior is because both canine's ears are positioned up-right & face forward. I believe it is because they do not like any wind blowing into the front "cone area" of their ears. When they are traveling or on a hunt. They do not travel far into a head wind, before they angle or cut into that wind. I've watched many hundreds of them. When angled into a head wind. They would lay their ears back. One day I watched a pr of coyotes travel cross wind to a stout cold wind. As I zoomed in on them. I noticed both coyotes had their eyes squinted. Those coyotes were only around 300 yrds from the road I was on. So I could see a clear view of the side of their face.

When I was young I never paid much attention to both canines behaviors un-molested. As I got right to the killing part. But in my latter yrs that is what interested me most. Their behaviors

nastygunz

well now that I think about it when I have a cold wind coming at me I automatically turn my back to it too.