Started by pitw, January 28, 2010, 08:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

golfertrout

pitw

I'll let you know where we are shortly as I can't spell the name of the burg we spent the night in :doh2:.  Roads have been excellent and the only time I ever seen more cops in my life was     ........................................................... Nope never seen more. :laf:     Gotta like traveling with Art cause he has learned to backtrack real good :innocentwhistle:[thats a story for another place and time].  Been real interesting watching the landscape change and I can't get over the traffic :puke:.  Got off the interstate and mildly lost and boys this is where I'm staying cause you can actually see stuff :yoyo:.  First time this farm boy ever saw 6o silo's from one spot :shock2:.  Art drove by three cabelas, two bass pro, a scheel, some gander mountains :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: and a hooters :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3:
    There are more post card picture farm scenes going through here than there are post cards and the trees a spell binding :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:.
   After supper with one of the nicest people I've ever met me and Art discussed heading back west, but after much discussion[he said no] we are headed south toay.  Thanks Jim for the enjoyable conversation and letting us in your home :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Barry,

I sure am glad that you are getting to see a few two legged birds (Hooters) and not just four legged animals on your trip.  There aren't as many owls (Hooters) around here right now, but they will be back in the summer.  As for traffic, you need to hit Chicago during rush hours.  I don't really know why they call it rush since no one is going very fast.  Maybe it is just because they would like to rush.

You need to give a more accurate location than "burg".  How can we plot your progress if we don't even know where you are.  At least give us a state.

Keep having fun and enjoy your trip.

Jerry

slagmaker

That one is easy Jerry :eyebrownod:

He is in the state of confusion. :biggrin:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

We got out of WI now and it's a good thing :innocentwhistle:.  My aircard wouldn't work in that state and I also got a emergency shut sown message there :shrug:.   In Iowa now heading NNW :biggrin:.

iahntr

:confused:   somthin tells me you're goin the wrong way  :nono:
Scott

Jimmie in Ky

Ya ask me , he already took driving lessons from Bill  :nono: Jimmie

coyotehunter_1

Some of you LBL early birds may need to send up flares to direct pitw to Wrangler's....

or eat more beans. :laf:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

golfertrout

you are getting in snake country now Barry. watch your step they are everywhere.lol :roflmao: :eyebrow:

Coulter

pitw

This Kansas traffic is as nut's as the stuff in Nebraska :iroll:.  Should have saw the look on Arts face when he woke up after three hours of letting me fly without a navigator :laugh2:.  Hoping to see you guys by Saturday :shrug:.  When you backroad it down here you do get to see some neat things :yoyo: :yoyo:.

Frogman

Sounds like you guys are enjoying the trek!!  Look forward to seeing you in a couple of days!!  I'm leaving Tuesday morning early and should be there Tuesday evening.  I think it's about an 8 hour drive for me!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

Quote from: Frogman on February 01, 2010, 07:24:17 PM
  I think it's about an 8 hour drive for me!

Jim

Follow me and you can spend at least nights in a motel on your way then :doh2:.

HaMeR

So there I was driving down the road today. Twas a beautiful day to be out & about on daily travels. The weather was juuuust a tad nipply & the wind would ever so slightly sway the weeds along the highway. The kind of day where you just kinda daydream about the forthcoming events. Like the LBL for instance. My thoughts turned to Barry & his long journey just to meet up with some good folks from another part of this Continent.  Then I started thinking about his post where the co-driver fell asleep & gave him hell when he woke up.  Then there was the post where he mentioned heading NNW AFTER leaving Jim's house.  :roflmao: :roflmao:  :whew:  It was definitely an enjoyable trip today. It made work go good I would have to say.  :biggrin:

But not even those thoughts could prepare me for what I was about to see. I rounded the bend on the curvy two lane St Rt 3S  & dropped down off the smallish hill into the bottoms. I had Diane's Monte under me & the cruise was set on 63MPH. And not those damn slower than the rest of the Continents KMH's either.  :biggrin: Anywho the road stretched out in front of me like a ribbon as it gently rose & fell in the distant foreground.  And that is when I seen this all too familiar sight.

Well we all know that means something aint getting along too well. So I eased up on the Monte a tad & low & behold what is juuuuust over the next rise?? YEP!! You guessed it!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Or did ya??!!  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

It was Barry headed to the LBL!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  Thanks for that :yoyo:

I did see one a little different and I can say it was nice to see :innocentwhistle:.

alscalls

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Which one is 5 shots?    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

golfertrout

pitw

Must look like an easy "mark" in my Canadian get up  :shrug:.  Some guy tried selling me something useful.