• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Picked up a Gen 4 Glock

Started by Roundman, March 19, 2011, 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Yep I just got an itch and picked up a generation 4 Glock 26. I put about 100 rounds through it today without any problems. I can't say anything was great about it except the size. The trigger is a little heavy and the grip texture is a little different. Other than that I can't tell the difference between it and a gen 3 models. I've always heard good (and bad) things about Glocks, but I've never bit the bullet and bought one. If it turns out to be reliable I'll keep it for a while. I can't say I shoot it any better than the XD but it's no worse either.

While at the range the wife and  I could hear a IDPA or IPSC match going on.  We took a stroll over and watched for a bit. That's a whole different breed of people. Talk about serious...those guys had guns that looked like nothing I ever seen before. One fella looked like he was about to jump into Cambodia.  :biggrin: The wife said I had a small case of sheenis envy. 

Hawks Feather

I have an older Glock and love it.  I have never had a problem with it.  But I have only run a few thousand rounds through it.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

I've had several Glocks over the years beginning with my first Glock 17 back in '84.  They are great pistols.  I don't know how many thousands of rounds I have put through them and never had a jam or failure of any type.  The Glock "safe action" system and trigger does take a little getting used to but once you do, it becomes second nature.  If the trigger is too heavy, try putting a 3.5 lb. connector in your gun.   The standard connector is 5 lbs, I think.   That 3.5 lb connector should be used for range purposes only.  It is not recommended for every day carry as it could be a safety issue. 

I owned an XD for a little while too.  It was a nice gun but had more parts than the Glock and I finally decided why change from something that works each and every time so I sold it.