• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Measuring powder

Started by FinsnFur, June 03, 2012, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Dont have your cell phone sitting on the reloading bench or any where close as it can cause problems as well as a stryofoam cup(Static electricity, Especially in the winter I have a few dryer sheets close by to help with that), the flourecent lighting is a real killer if hanging too low.

I have a RCBS beam scale that I will check my electronic scales with but other than that I have two low end RCBS electronic scales that work great for me that I use 99% of the time.

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

FinsnFur

Thats what I'm gonna try Doug.
I havent had a chance to get back at er yet though.

I will after Thursday :jump: :jump:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

I picked one of them lee powder measures up at a flea market for 10 bux and it is nice. One question for you guys how close to you run your accuracy loads in powder?  Currently i trickle every charge into an 505 beam scale
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Okanagan

Quote from: bigben on July 03, 2012, 08:59:52 PM
  Currently i trickle every charge into an 505 beam scale

+ 1  That's prezactly what I do.

If I was feeding an AR etc. I'd likely go to some kind of automatic powder charge thrower, but precision accuracy is my prime concern and I don't shoot huge volumes. 

JohnP

I broke down and spent a bunch of money last week.  I upgraded ALL my reloading "stuff", Dillon progressiveloader, Dillon tumbler, Dillon digital calipers, shell plates, you name it I bought it.  But most of all I'm liking the digital scale.  It has a specially designed cover that removes any static electricity thus eliminating inaccurate readings due to static electricity build up.  And to top things off I moved my reloading bench from the garage into the house.  Really made my wife shout with joy but it was just to hot out there. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs