• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bummed

Started by trailtwister, September 15, 2016, 10:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Small game season opened this morning, a beautiful morning at that. 42F at 8:00 AM sun shining and very little wind.
I just wish I could have had a big cup of tea and a few eggs bacon & toast, dressed in my squirrel camo, grabbed the Hornet and a half dozen shells and hit the woods. I can just see a fat and sassy red phase fox squirrel sitting on a stump near a red oak tree munching on an acorn. I can see the cross hairs settling on its ear and the puff as the bullet does it's job. Soon a gray phase joins it finally I can imagine the limit for the day. Nice thing about imagined squirrel is you don't have to clean them. Oh imagined squirrel just doesn't taste like the real thing either.

Hope every one else is having good luck

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

pitw

Kinda/sorta like sex, eh. :innocentwhistle:

It never ceases to amaze e that folk hunt squirrels for food as we shoot Richardson ground squirrels by the thousands just for fun and to get rid of them[no season or limit].
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: trailtwister on September 15, 2016, 10:46:15 AM
Small game season opened this morning, a beautiful morning at that. 42F at 8:00 AM sun shining and very little wind.
I just wish I could have had a big cup of tea and a few eggs bacon & toast, dressed in my squirrel camo, grabbed the Hornet and a half dozen shells and hit the woods. I can just see a fat and sassy red phase fox squirrel sitting on a stump near a red oak tree munching on an acorn. I can see the cross hairs settling on its ear and the puff as the bullet does it's job. Soon a gray phase joins it finally I can imagine the limit for the day. Nice thing about imagined squirrel is you don't have to clean them. Oh imagined squirrel just doesn't taste like the real thing either.

Hope every one else is having good luck

:eyebrownod:  Al

Hope you get after them soon.  Red and fox squirrels back east are delicious, some of the best eating I've tasted.  Never tried a ground squirrel but probably should!   

I've been out twice on leisurely afternoons with a grandson after deer and have not seen one yet.  Mostly we were exploring but we picked up two grouse yesterday evening before we hit a hamburger place.  Grouse on the menu today.  .22 to the head or neck.  No birdshot pellets in the meat for this riflehaolic...   :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Sounds relaxing none the less. Still a bit warm here :whew:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com