• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

So this followed me home

Started by msmith, February 25, 2021, 07:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

So I went to my local https://www.bridgeportequip.com/ (local chain) to pick up some Stanadyne diesel fuel conditioner and a pair of boots. After picking up the Stanadyne and settling on a pair of boots after trying on several pair, I headed over to the gun dept. I have a friend that works in guns so I always have to go over and say howdy.

Some evil spirit entered my consciousness and took over. Next thing I know I was walking out of the store with a new rifle and no boots.  :confused: My wife didn't believe the evil spirit part.  :shrug:  :innocentwhistle:

So this is it. A Henry AR7 Survival rifle. I always wanted one, even back when Charter Arms was making them. Glad I waited and got a Henry.
I'm going to get a bag for it so I can throw it on my tractor, under the seat of my truck, or in a compartment on my boat. No excuse to not have a 22 rifle with me. It does take about 2 minutes to put together so if your being charged by a rabid squirrel you're just outta luck but it will still be handy to have around.

I haven't really tested accuracy but offhand at 25 yds, it can hit a tennis ball with consistency.

It has a rail that an optic could be mounted and since I have presbyopia, I considered a red dot with a QD mount. After shooting it using the peep sight and the bright orange front sight, I think an optic would defeat the purpose of such a rifle.

Old flip phone for size reference.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hawks Feather

I always thought that those were pretty neat little rifles and always thought that I should own one.  Hasn't happened yet, but I will look forward to your review of this one.

pitw

That's cool as [L].  I tend to need my gun immediately so the set up time would be a problem.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Definitely a good boat gun because they float!

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on February 25, 2021, 07:48:51 AM
I always thought that those were pretty neat little rifles and always thought that I should own one.  Hasn't happened yet, but I will look forward to your review of this one.

^^Same here^^

It was an angel of the good Lord's guidance that spared you from inglorius boots when you could get a possession of higher rank.

MI VHNTR

Congrats! That looks like great little rifle. I've looked at those for years but never grabbed one because Charter Arms had problems with them. Henry corrected that however. They make a quality product. If things ease up, I should grab one to go with my other takedown 22s.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

slagmaker

Often considered getting a take down 22. Many many moons ago I almost got a marlin papoose. I didn't because I had heard the accuracy was terrible and they were unreliable. Now I wish I had, them things are going for a small fortune and the issues I heard about were mostly disproven.

Looking forward to the review on this model as our local ruralking has a couple on the shelf.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

MI VHNTR

The Marlin 70 PSS, aka Papoose, is a great little rifle. I use mine a lot. It's light, accurate and dependable. The 10/22 Takedown has more accessories available and cost quite a bit more when I bought mine.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

msmith

Quote from: nastygunz on February 25, 2021, 09:35:05 AM
Definitely a good boat gun because they float!

Exactly! I might have a little trouble explaining how I lost it in a "boating accident."  :innocentwhistle:

I don't believe this is going to be a "go to" rifle. More like the second knife I used to carry as a Lineman. It was a sad note to climb a pole and drop your knife and not have anything to skin wire wire with so I always carried a second one. This rifle will much the same as in I'll always have a rifle even if I didn't bring one. After thinking about it, I'll probably keep it in my truck and when I have the boat out just toss it in the boat with the rest of my fishing gear then back in the truck at the end of the day. When I know I want to have a gun, I'll go ahead and load up one dedicated to the situation that doesn't have to be put together.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

nastygunz

I got the old man one for Father's Day one year and he was like a kid with a new toy, he loved that thing ha ha.  It was his go to gun for road hunting for Partridge.

FinsnFur

Wait...they still make flip phones? :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 01, 2021, 07:03:16 PM
Wait...they still make flip phones? :huh:

And I use one.  When I ain't near a land line that is.

FinsnFur

I didn't think those things existed anymore. lol
I thought they went out when the 8 tracks went out.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 02, 2021, 05:57:46 AM

Not only does Dad still carry his flip phone but he's still on the pay as you go plan that verizon used to have about 10 or so years ago.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Got a couple of them too. :biggrin:

msmith

8 tracks went out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori