• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A closed reed...

Started by Arkyyoter, June 15, 2007, 01:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Here is a closed reed call I made...

It is the same "Silver Snake" material I used to made the call for my Kent Constable auction.....I said at the time I wouldn't make another of this material for a while. I didn't....the "while is up"...here is the second.

The call body is from pearlized acrylic acetate, in the "Silver Snake" pattern. It is also fitted with a stainless steel accent band....both for appearance and to strengthen the thinner portion of the call body. The insert portion of the call is water buffalo horn...it is fitted with two "O" rings and is a taper fit.

The call utilizes a JC sleeve and a brass JC reed...it is tuned cottontail, but with TONS of guts and nasty at high volume. It will blow very quietly/smoothly or scream very nastily.....entirely up to the user.

The lanyard groove is shifted slightly to alter the balance of the call....I wanted the insert to hang in an upward position so that gravity may assist in not losing it...

Seat this insert VERY firmly, the call is built to take it.

As it is with all my acrylic calls, this call contains no finish...just polished...

If you are interested, please PM me.

Thanks for your time...

Joe

FinsnFur

Ya know what....I can remember when FnF forums just started gathering lots of members.

It seemed like out of all the call makers around today we literally had the best of the best showing their work here. It had to be somewhat intimidating to any new call maker or even a call maker looking to get started wondering how in the world they would or could ever get to the same level as a lot of the FnF call makers, as the initial stakes came across as extremely high.

Joe, I can remember either a post from you or a PM at point saying, "I can't keep up with a lot of this stuff, and I'm going to just go back to my ole hillbilly ways and make my calls the best I can. My hats off to you folks posting this incredible stuff."

But you stuck around dude. You put your nose to the grind stone and stepped up everything you could that was involved in YOUR call making process, from the materials to the designs, didn't ya?

I'm here to tell ya, that you have come a long way in this call making industry sir. And along with myself, you have got to be glad you didn't back away from the intimidating products that were getting posted around you. You are literally right there with them now my friend.
Nice job  :wink: Beautiful call.....Keep it up.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowjunkie

PM sent

edited to add        WOW  :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: outfreekinstanding call Joe :yoyo:

Bob D

Joe,
That call is outstanding. You did good ole boy !!!  :congrats:
Bob

keekee

Joe,

I told ya so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Great looking call!!!!

Brent

Hawks Feather

Joe,

Really nice job on the call.  I like the shape and size and since the sound is coming out of an acrylic barrel I know it will be loud.  Way to go Hillbilly!   :highclap:

Jerry

HaMeR

Thats a real beaut right there. I think the swirls are way cool on that one. Congrats & Nicely Done!! :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

Well damn! I can't see the call from work.  :mad3:

But, I have to agree with ole Jimbo and give him a pat on the back for saying it. Nice job and well said Jim.  :congrats:

Joe, while you still go back to your roots with a call here and there (And that's a good thing), you sure can pump out a dandy when ya set your mind to it.........Dad.  :biggrin:

You have definitely elevated your playing level in the last year for sure.  :bowingsmilie:

Hawks Feather

Hey Todd,

"Dad"   :biggrin:

Is that a subtle way of telling Joe that you are his Father,  that Father's Day is just two days away, and that call would make a really nice Father's Day gift?

Jerry (Todd's son who would like to inherit Dad's collection of calls)   :innocentwhistle:

Todd Rahm

Nope Jerry. The inside joke was Joe made a call I wanted, but he wasn't selling it. Instead he was gona make matching calls just like it...................one for each of his kids. So the very smart and strategic me, planted the seed and started to call him Dad. Ole Joe just didn't fall for it, but I still call him Dad when I can.  :biggrin:  :innocentwhistle:

I do have vacancy for a Grandpa, if ya ever decide to make one of your fine calls just for the Grand kids?  :laugh2:

Arkyyoter

Thanks everyone....ya'll are always so kind.....thanks again!!

Joe