Previous topic - Next topic

eaglerock814

Parade Magazine Poll: 91% Oppose
Mandatory Spay And Neuter Laws

Elected Officials, Please Take Note Of This Poll

by JOHN YATES
The American Sporting Dog Alliance
http://www.americansportingdogalliance.org

A recent poll of the readers of Parade Magazine, America's most widely read publication, shows that 91 percent of its readers oppose laws or ordinances that mandate spaying and neutering of pets.

Parade is both the highest circulation magazine in America and also the most mainstream, having built an empire as a Sunday supplement to more than 400 newspapers and attracting a reported 71 million readers a week. If elected officials want to know what will "play in Peoria," Parade is Peoria. It's readers are ordinary people from all walks of life, and do not represent any special interest group. They are your neighbors and constituents.

The magazine published an article about mandatory spay and neuter laws in its March 16, 2008, issue, following enactment of an ordinance in Los Angeles. A poll accompanied the article with the following question: "Should owners be required to sterilize their pets?"

There were 50,577 responses:

·   91% voted no (45,824 votes)

·   9% voted yes (4,753 votes)

We ask elected officials to pay close attention to the results of this poll, which has great value because of the mainstream readership of Parade.

Officials are being bombarded with political pressure from animal rights groups to pass mandatory sterilization ordinances and laws, as well as with reams of contradictory information.

The Parade poll says what the people who voted for elected officials are thinking.

Many communities are considering these kinds of spay/neuter ordinances now, including Dallas and Santa Barbara. Other communities have passed these ordinances. In California, legislation is expected to be reintroduced in the near future mandating statewide pet sterilization.

The American Sporting Dog Alliance asks everyone who reads this report to send it to the elected officials who represent you in your city, town, township, county and state. It is urgent that we let them know what the vast majority of the voters think about this issue. We also hope you will send this report to all of your friends, and cross-post it on message boards.

The American Sporting Dog Alliance works to protect the rights of dog owners and professionals who own or work with breeds that are used for hunting. Our grassroots movement is based on independent research, investigative reporting, getting the word out to hundreds of thousands of dog owners and elected officials, and giving people a way to take direct action as citizens. Please visit us on the web at http://www.americansportingdogalliance.org.

bigben

I am not sure if ya got the message the first time dude. but there was a reason that you were deleted. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Brad H

You're WAYYY out of line coming back and doing this again!!

Brad

eaglerock814

FinsnFur

I didn't ban you because I figured that by deleting your account, you would realize that I was very serious when I said I did not appreciate what you were doing.

Hoping, for some small miracle that in realizing that, you may rejoin and participate a little bit instead of smearing this spam all over in here...and then going about your merry way until the next spam letter comes due.

My respect towards you got me real far didnt it. :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

THO Game Calls

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

I am utterly shocked at your audacity eaglerock......... :noway:

Ya eat paint chips as a kid?  :rolleye:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

eaglerock814

It is strange how you folks spend so much time attacking me. After all, I'm on your side. I totally support hunting, firearms ownership and the rights of dog owners.

You are attacking a friend.

Perhaps you should spend more time fighting the enemy. The animal rights people want to take away your hunting and your dog, and they really are the same people who want to take away your guns.

I am not saying that you have to agree with me. I AM saying that we are on the same side.

I think it is dumber than a stump to attack your friends and allies, while your real enemies can't stop laughing.

FinsnFur

We do agree with you Mr. Yates. Ya see the thing is, your going about this completely the wrong way.
You dont barge into a forum, and I'm not just talking about this forum, I'm talking any forum....and start pasting your precut material all over.
As if that wasnt bad enough you simply flat out refuse to participate in anything else in the forums.
That is SPAM in it's purest form my friend.

No one is attacking no one, we are simply asking you to stop shoving this shit down our throats on this forum like you own the place, dropping that stuff in here like we are your own personal advertising company or newsletter publisher...and we owe you some kind of favor because your pro hunting. Your antics are very similar to those used by the anti's.

I literally go out of my way to be completely civilized with you, and you do nothing more then prove that to be a huge mistake on my part.
You can't say you werent asked nicely or even warned.
Good day sir.  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

If you are "really" on our side, try acting like you are and become a member.  Try reading, make that follow, some of the suggestions that were given.  Quit being a seagull, where you fly in, drop crap, squawk about everyone not doing what you want, and then fly off again.  There are people here that agree with your cause, but NOT with your way of doing business.  If you REALLY believe in your views, then quit thinking that you know the BEST and ONLY way to present them.  Try to listen to others, follow a few suggestions, and get your message out.

Just my view on your posts, but somehow I have the feeling that you only want to be a seagull.

Jerry