• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Western Rivers e-caller ?

Started by cb223, January 18, 2007, 09:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb223

Has anyone ever used on of these? I've been considering one of these but was wondering about the quality. It has the two main options I want (wireless remote and programmable sounds) but I've never heard anything of them other than in a magazine add.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
CHAD

FinsnFur

Not me. I dont even know anyone that has one.

You could always call Brian Robinson tell him your considering buying their caller and ask for some references.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cb223

Thanks Jim. I guess thats what I'll have to do. So far I can't find much info on this caller.
Hopefully some more will post.
CHAD

THO Game Calls

I had one and it broke so I sent it back and got a refund.

Prior to it breaking my impression of it was very possative.  It had excellent sound quality with my JS sounds loaded into it and pretty good volume.

The sounds from Western Rivers are not that good.  Will they call critters?  Probably, but it was very easy to download new sounds to it, and I would recomend that you get some other sounds if you get one.   Few CD's from Kee and  you should be all set.

They do, or did when I was dealing with them, have good customer service.

Hope that helps.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

nailbender

I've got one. I've had problems with the remote, last year they sent me a new one. Now it doesn't work. Guess I'll have to send it in again. Snowcammo man on pm did extensive testing of a bunch of E-callers and had a WR remote work at over 800 yds.. Mine never worked over 50. Hand calls may make a tough game even tougher but,  they never suffer from dead batteries or loose wires.  My .02

cb223

I have a pile of hand calls and love to use them.

I was just thinking an e-caller would open up a few more options.

Thanks for the info but it sounds like I need to save a few more pennies for a fox pro!
CHAD

rwehuntn

I have the Western Rivers and a Foxpro both. I had the W.R. for 3 seasons and called in one coyote with it. I retired the thing and bought the 416b with remote. I still do better with hand calls than the e-caller, but have called in between 20 and 30 coyotes this season with the Foxpro. Save your pennies and get the Foxpro.

Nelson

I had a Western Rivers, and the remote did not work.  After the third time up and down the tree to adjust it  :madd:  I figured it was time to get another one.  Also, I had charged the batteries as directed, and when I got back it indicated the batteries needed to  be charged.  I had it on, at the most, for 30 minutes.  I exchanged it for a FX3  and am glad I did.  The FoxPro has been great!!

Nelson