• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Minaska Bandit

Started by Jeb, September 10, 2006, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

Bopeye ,
I recently received word that an upgrade is now available which will easily make  Bandit the loudest E caller on the planet. Stay tuned for other exciting annoucements from Minaska outdoors.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

ohiobob

Rich
Do you have any Idea when the announcements will be made approximately ??? and are they Planning any changes in their Remote ???
I DO love the FX 5 remote and think it will be EXTREMELY HARD TO BEAT !!! Hell even the FX 5 Remote might be obsolete in another year? even if it is I will GLADLY pay for the next upgrade !!!  :biggrin:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

possumal

Quote from: Dan Carey on October 03, 2006, 10:56:34 AM
I hope Minaska don't go the route FP went, with a new model every year, making last years obsolete or big bucks to upgrade.

Dan: Not meaning to start an argument, but I think the guaranteed upgrades are one of the best features offered by Foxpro. I kind of compare it to being able to buy a new truck and knowing I can get full retail back on it against the price of a new one anytime. No depreciation.  It is a whole lot harder to sell a used ecaller and buy a new model than it is to make a simple upgrade for a set price. That is my opinion, but I respect yours.  I used my FX-3 a lot for a year, and it cost me $215.00, including S&H, to upgrade to the FX-5 which has great advancements.  Both companies and all others in the business of making ecallers are going to try to make a better caller all the time, and a guaranteed upgrade price is hard to beat.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

MI VHNTR

I had been using my version of a homemade caller for quite a few years. I recently bought an FX3 to replace it. The main reason for this purchase was the ability to upgrade without having to buy a completely new caller. The FX5 remote looks like it has just about everything that I want in a remote. I'll be upgrading soon. I've had nothing but EXCELLENT service from FoxPro. MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

CCP

I love the BCB All In One. it is just that everything you need all in one. No cords to keep up with No extra speaker to carry along. No extra decoy to tote it's all in one package. If you like the idea of just paying for an upgrade call Steve or Todd and they will fix you up.

The cool thing is there are not many upgrades because they got it right the first time.

A few examples
When crow hunting with my FX3 I carry a larger speaker along with the unit. When I need a decoy I carry along a decoy with the unit.That is three things to keep up with plus extra batteries for the decoy and rolling and unrolling the speaker wire. Sitting back down and trying to remember if I plugged all this stuff in :shrug: Now with the BCB All In One I just carry one thing set it down and turn it on thats all nothing else. :yoyo:

Transferring sounds, no cords involved just plug the card into my computer and click and drag my sounds where I want them. The sounds are free and will work in any E-caller. Some of the new sounds Foxpro has sound pretty good but I can only use them in their caller :confused:

The gell cell battery is unbeatable in my opinion. Also when Foxpro decides to incorporate a decoy, gell cell and large speaker built into there caller I would have to buy another upgrade. I just cant see Minaska having a upgrade for the BCB All in One it already does it all but, if they do I will only have to pay for the upgrade NOT buy another caller.

Both callers are proven to call predators, Now it is just a matter of  which one has what the hunter wants, they already have what the predator wants which is the sound.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

possumal

CCP: My understanding is that Minaska is coming out with an upgraded caller any day now. Rich made a post that it was his understanding that it was available. I assumed it has been under development as an answer to Mike Dillon's post in the Foxpro Forum "Clearing the air on some myths", but that may not be the case. Both companies offer great customer service, and I agree with you that it is a matter of personal choice which unit offers you the most of what you want.  For my use, having the decoy mounted on the caller wouldn't be a feature I would want, as I haven't heard a caller yet that didn't sound better a few feet off the ground.  Anyway you look at it, you are carrying all the items, and I prefer a tote that I can include the bigger speaker, hang the whole shebang up, open a flap and be good to go.  The guys that hunt in areas where they don't have any bushes or small trees to hang their unit up off the ground, I can see them wanting it all together, all the time.  An "Etched in stone" rule for me is to place the ecaller in such a way that the coyote has to show himself to me to get to a point where he can see the source of the sound. That is hard to do in open country like some of the guys hunt.  I like the basic setup Minaska has on their remote with ten banks of ten sounds, as I don't mind having a sound list with me, but I don't think I could give up the features of the FX-5 remote, especially the volume indicator, sound list, recall button, and 4 presets.  If you could ever get these two companies to join forces, they could make a unit to fully satisfy us extremists.  In any event, they are going to both strive to improve their callers, and they won't do it for free.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

THO Game Calls

I have never understood why FoxPro has to "clear the air" on anything?

First it was the Wildlife Technologies caller, now it's the Bandit.  If the FoxPro is so good, why do they need to "clear the air"?   Let the unit stand on it's own.

Anyway -

I have an M1 Bandit, and I bought the extra speaker with it.   I have not used it much in the woods as I am a hand caller mostly, but I am really not all that impressed with it.  Lot's of little things that I belive will become big things at the worst possable time.  I'll probably be selling it here soon and upgrading to a Wildlife Tech.

The issue of the presets is valid but can be worked around.  One of the things I did was to put a KiYi sound on button 0 on each bank and a coaxer on button 9.  That way, no matter what bank I am in, I always have both those sounds at my finger tips.    Other than that, the remote is pretty basic and doesn't have many frills.   I doubt I would be able to read the print on the FoxPro remote without my reading glasses so that is no pluss for me either.   I only have a few sounds on my bandit, and like CCP, that's about all I feel I need.   

The M1 Bandit is a pain in the rear to set up if you don't have some place to hang it from or something to lean it against.   I solved that problem by gong to Staples and buying a desk top easel for 14 bucks.  It is about a foot tall and you can set the M1 Bandit on it.   

If anyone is looking for an M1 Bandit, give me a shout and make me an offer - ya never know  :)

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

possumal

THO: Clearing the air is an attempt to clarify rumors and misunderstanding that exists among the hunting fraternity. If you read the post, it is easy enough to understand. The Borland brothers evidently know where the improvements are needed and that is probably why they are putting out a unit with a bigger amp and a heat sync.  As to W.T., there is a clear comparison posted in the Foxpro forum on that too.  I don't work for or represent any of the companies named, but I do think it is important for people who are considering the purchase of an ecaller to compare facts.  That is my opinion, but I respect yours.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

CCP

The clearing the air thread on their site is like the president of Chevy doing a thread on Chevy versus Ford. I wonder who he would say was better?? I also bet the Chevy guy could dump a whole bunch of so called facts on us.

If Mike did a head to head test and found the Minaska to be better do you think he would post on his site "Hey guy's the Minaska beat the Foxpro" I think not. Here is my favorite line "It might sound louder but it is distorted sound"

Seems like I read somewhere they were going to do a head to head using the same power supply. Why not just use the ones that come standard with the units. I want the test to be with what I am buying and bringing to the field. I want the test to be with the batteries,speakers and equipment that come with the unit not any add on's. That would be a fair test.

If  someone went to bass pro and bought the FX caller and the BCB and tested what came in the box. If one company was allowed to add speakers and extra 12v batteries then the other should be able to add to there's during testing. This would go on and on and never be a true winner.

I would also want the test to be done by a professional that doesn't know anything about hunting or calling this will help take the bias out of the equation.

I am affiliated with Minaska on my video. To clear up any so called bias, Foxpro and Minaska both offered the same thing my reply was I will pick the one I feel is the best caller I tried both in the field and did a head to head for myself and found for my personal use I liked the Minaska better.  I called Steve at Minaska and went with them.

They are both good callers and I used the Foxpro a lot.It was the best caller I had ever used until I got a Minaska. If you already have a Foxpro I wouldn't run out and sell it but if I was in the market for a new caller I would look into the Minaska BCB I think you will like what they have to offer.

I am with you possumal Both companies offer great customer service.

I still like Foxpro but the clearing the air thread they did was a big turn off for me personally.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

possumal

CCP:  Another example of different interpretation by people. I don't see anything biased at all about the post he made. It told exactly what size amp each unit had and the fact the Minaska had no heat sync which led to the thermal breakdown.  The report comparing a W.T. was apples to apples, done with with same sound.  If Mike Dillon found out that a Minaska unit was better than his unit, he would take steps to improve his unit, but he would print the truth.  As I said before, there must be something to the report that alerted the Borland brothers, as they are putting out a unit with a bigger amp and a heat sync.  I predict their unit will be better and the white noise on the top end that I have heard people describe will either diminish or disappear completely. I don't think either company would lie to the public, but apples to apples comparisons are meant to give you a basis of comparison based on facts.  I have heard both units hooked up to comparable big speakers, and my ears told me that the FX-5 was much clearer with no distortion. That is my opinion, but I respect yours.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

ohiobob

CCP
anyone that knows ANYTHING ABOUT TRUCKS know that CHEVROLET IS THE KING !!! so Ford should save their money on a comaprison and try to build a better truck   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I AM KIDDING !!! ah hell,, no I am NOT kidding,,CHEVY RULES !!!

As for your post CCP,,I agree with you,,the comparison SHOULD BE an out of the box comparison,,I have THOUGHT about selling my FX 5 and getting a BCB, BUT it has to do with the FoxPro Representitives they have "selling" their product  :wo: I LOVE MY FX 5 and the FP customer service BUT on PRINCIPLES I DO NOT LIKE THEIR Canadian Sales Rep and feel that IF they have that fat Bastard selling units for them,,then MAYBE they can get O.J. as their
California / Florida Sales Rep  :argh: :argh: :argh: OR let O.J. have Florida since he is searching golf courses for HIS wifes killer and let Phil Spector have California :confused:
But each and EVERY opinion I have seen on here is the REASON that Chevy and Ford & FoxPro and Minaska ALL SELL
Many units,,because EVERYONE has DIFFERENT likes and dislikes and that is what this Country is about,,choices  :highclap:
Bob

CCP

Quotethey are putting out a unit with a bigger amp and a heat sync.

They must have something different coming out because mine already (assuming) has the bigger Amp and heat sync.(5 Months old)

So if they have new bigger Amp's and heat sync's then does that mean they are now louder and better than the foxpro??

I know my unit is obviously louder than my 416 and FX3  cant say for the FX5 haven't got one to compare to. This must be due to the new Amp and Heat sync.

QuoteIf Mike Dillon found out that a Minaska unit was better than his unit, he would take steps to improve his unit, but he would print the truth.

There are many,many things I agree with you on and enjoy these type subjects. I do disagree with the quote above partially. Mike may take steps to improve his unit but would never publicly state another E-caller was better than his. I believe him to be honest but also believe him to be a business man. A statement like that even if true would be business suicide. It would be better unsaid.

If the biggest issue was the Amp and heat sync's and Minaska is addressing it or has addressed it then will Foxpro take the article down?? Or will they publicly state Minaska fixed the problem we spoke of previously and they are now a louder undistorted caller?? I think not.

I am obviously a Minaska BCB fan after using their product and  possumal is obviously  a foxpro fan after using their products we will probably not change each others mind because we have used both and formed our own opinion. This is what I love about these type threads they bring lots of info out front. This can help the new or undecided guy in his decision making.

E-callers can be a big expense (was for me) and as much info one can gather to help decide is a big help. 
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

possumal

CCP: If your Minaska Big Country is 5 months old, it does not have the new amp and heat sync.  The Big Country was a result of a custom order by a customer, not a new idea for Minaska. When the new unit is available, I am sure it will be compared to the FX-5 in as close to an apples to apples comparison as possible, and I am equally sure that Mike Dillon will publish the results. As far as me being tied to Foxpro callers, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to change if I found one better. I am not on their payroll, but I do appreciate the kind of informative posts Mike Dillon made.  If they are not accurate, what is to keep the Borland brothers from issuing a rebuttal?
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

THO Game Calls

QuoteIf they are not accurate, what is to keep the Borland brothers from issuing a rebuttal?

One real big thing - FoxPro owns Predator Masters lock stock and barrel.  The moderators for their forums are PM Mpderators, the Canuck Rep is the PM spokesperson - and on and on and on and on.

If Minaska were to say one thing about the Fox Pro test, you can rest assured they would be banned from PM.  That would be a huge hit and a big loss of business for Minaska.

It's Business Blackmail and anyone who spends any time at all on PMS knows it.  It has been that way for YEARS, since the old Loudmouth wars.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Rich

To the best of my knowledge, Minaska has no intention of changing their entire unit. The existing Pelican case that holds the innards is already so good that there ain't much room for improvement. You simply pop the bugger open like you would a small suitcase, replace any needed part and close the lid. You can't get it any easier than that. The upgrades I mentioned will be found inside the box. The internal workings if you will. The advances in electronic gizmos are constantly improving, and the boys at Minaska were wise to choose the pelican case method. If you know what you are doing like those Borland boys do, it is a simple matter to replace an outdated electronic module, chip, amplifier or other space age gizmo in a hearbeat.  Keep a close eye on the digital caller market boys. Minaska is leaving all the rest in their dust. Nothing wrong with foxpro or W.T. now mind you, they will work in a pinch.   :roflmao:
Foxpro Field staff

ohiobob

Al ( THO )

YOU ARE SO RIGHT !!!  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:  

THO Game Calls

Rich,

When are us mortal people, you know, the guys who just hunt predators, not the movie makers, board owners and call making legends going to be able to get their Minaska callers upgraded?   :)

I read on HM that they did some work for Leonards unit - but there is nothing on the web site about any changes or upgrades or anything? 

Also read they had some issues with the remotes and that there was a fix for that too, and again, a few select folks got that change made to their units, but no mention of it on the web site.

All this talk about a new amp and heat sink, and yet nothing on the web site that I can find.

Is this all top secret stuff only for the beautiful people?

Honestly, if there are issues that need to be addressed, if there are upgrades coming, don't you think they might mention it somewhere? 

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

possumal

T.H.O.: I don't recall saying that the Borland brothers had to issue a rebuttal on Predator Masters, but they surely could issue it somewhere.  I have emailed them myself trying to get info on the subject with no reply yet.  When Rich made his earlier post about the revised unit coming out, I figured that was as good as gospel as he represents Minaska, and he does not lie. Rich is dead on right about the pelican case, as it does make it easy to open and replace parts or make repairs. I guess time will tell when the reviisions are available and what they are specifically.  The Mike Dillon post on the Foxpro forum is specific as I read it.  If nothing else, what would keep the Borland brothers from posting something on their own site if no other place is available? That's enough for me on this subject, and I await something to be published about the improvements.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Rich

THO Game Calls ,
I will call them tomorrow and find out what I can.  I am surprised that there has been no public announcement concerning the  upgrades.  I haven't been down to Lincloln recently.  The innards in my own personal Bandit are pretty much the same as those found in a Big Country. 
Foxpro Field staff

ohiobob

I have also checked the Minaska website for about 8 days and never seen anything either,which made me think maybe there ISN'T an upgrade coming ??? so I will wait and see like everyone else  :shrug:
Bob