• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Scorpion Question????

Started by 1der, January 13, 2008, 06:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1der

When the FoxPro Scorpion first came out FoxPro offered a extra package. Dose any one remember what it was? Do they still offer it?
1der

Jeb

Dont know about that , never heard.
                Jeb

Bofire

rechargable batteries and charger, is what I got.
Carl

Todd Rahm

So how ya fellas like the Scorpions? I seen some where onthis board a fella did write up post on one, but haven't looked to deep for it yet. The size is what drew my attention to it, a few fellas have since mentioned it in another post.

Whats its advantage over the normal FP's other then maybe the size?

Thanks,
Todd

snowcamoman

Todd,
I absolutely love my Scorpion. I've used it all winter and it's great. It fits in my chest pocket and the batteries stay nice and toasty between stands on those -30ºF trips. Another nice feature is that you can just hang it up and walk away from it. No need to turn on anything because you can turn it on/off with the remote. I have the FX5 too, and I prefer the Scorpion simply because of its size. The one nice thing about the FX5 is that it can be operated without the remote, should you lose or have it die in the field. I typically have the Scorpion and the SP-55 speaker on the snowmachine and that way I'm covered. Once the SP-55 is hooked up to that Scorpion, it becomes an entirely new beast with alot more volume. Another interesting feature with the Scorpion is how you can control multiple speakers from the remote. If I have a stereo sound file with a Coyote on one track and a dying rabbit on the other, I can turn on and off either speaker from the remote. It really makes it sound like there's a struggle going on. I customize lots of my sounds and mix it up with Ravens, Coyotes, Rabbits, Magpies...etc.. A went out with a couple guys this winter and fired up one of my calling sequences and one of the guys though that some Coyotes were literally tearing apart a rabbit and the ravens were circling, waiting for a meal. If I'm heading through your neck of the woods anytime this summer, I'll drop you a line and I can bring the callers if you want to check them out.

Todd Rahm

Thanks Snow, thats the kinda info I was look'n for and ya sure would know what our needs up here would be.  :biggrin:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing sorta, maybe I need to make a trip up your way one day. If I do it soon I can hunt my way up and down.  :biggrin:

snowcamoman

Todd,
If you're headed up, I'd meet you halfway somewhere and we could hunt together. Let me know if you have a trip planned. I want to hunt the Denali Highway one of these days, if you're interested, we could meet there and hunt that area. The Scorpion has been my snowmachine caller and lately I've been using the Minaska Ultimate One for my truck, road-hunts. I had a Red Fox last night squalling at the caller, but he never would show himself. It didn't matter anyways because the season ended, but I was hoping he'd run in at the decoy.

Silencer

Quotetypically have the Scorpion and the SP-55 speaker on the snowmachine and that way I'm covered. Once the SP-55 is hooked up to that Scorpion, it becomes an entirely new beast with alot more volume.

sno-man, how's the volume and clairity compared to an "old" FP416 ?   

Thanks   

snowcamoman

Silencer,
There's quite a difference. The Scorpion is a lot louder and the clarity of the sounds on just the internal speaker of the Scorpion is excellent. That and the fact that you can drop and drag sounds from the computer makes it far superior in my opinion.