• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

So who's using the new Foxpro?

Started by FinsnFur, October 23, 2006, 09:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I'd like to hear some, if any, of the major sifferences your noticing over the FX3, other then sound capacity.

Did I say sifferences?   :confused:...I meant differences  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

desert dog

Jim,

Just I just sentinmy three fX3's to get converted. I will have a report in about a week.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Arkyyoter

All I have is an old 416.....someday I will get an FX 3 or 5 :)

or maybe FX 21 by the time I can afford one :)

Joe

bigben

yeah the remote is awesome.  no more printin labels out.  also you know what the caller is gonna do before you send the command to the caller.  right know I can select a sound while on mute and turn the volume up or down to the correct level and then unmute it.  before you had no idea.  the only thing I do not like about it is the backlite display is to bright for night hunting.  it lights you up big time.  the presets are awesome to.  along with the timer and the recall button.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Anyone got a pic of the new remote?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

if you go over to that other place I think they have a pic of it.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Oh you would make me do that wouldn't you  :nono:  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

oh allright I will get a pic tonight then. 

bigben

sorry tonight came after a week worth of waitin.  here is the pic of the whole remote

here is a pic of the inverted "night mode"  it just has inverted graphics so it is easier to read.

here is a pic of the regular mode.  with the p1 preset button pushed.

I think the only gripe I might have about this remote is that the backlit display is to bright for night hunting.  IMHO  and the buttons I think should be raised a little more.  mainly because you can hardly feel if you are on a button or not.  but it is still a kick azz caller and remote.  every function was thought out.  everything from the presets to the timer is something eveyone will use.  any other questions let me know.

FinsnFur

She's...she's...she's beautiful  :sad:

So what's the P1 through P4? Is that how they added the other 178 sounds?
50 to a bank or?.......
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

no the knob on top of the caller is for changing or scrolling through the sounds.  once it gets to the top of the page of six sounds it goes to the next page.  then you scroll to the sound you want.  the p1 through p4 buttons are for presets.  you can set a sound to a volume level and then just press that button.  when you do this it switchs to the preset sound and preset volume. 

FinsnFur

Man that is sweet. I appreciate you entertaining my inquisitiveness, wow them was some big words. Did I spell em right?  :huh:

One more question...how's that new remote on batteries? Up in the Sub Artic...I've discovered my TX5 goes through a battery almost every two days of calling.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

I have made about 25 stands of around 20 mins each and it still has 3/4 of the battery.

FinsnFur

I hate to spend $200 for an upgraded remote, cuz that's all I really want. I don't think I'd ever find a use for 200 sounds.
But I may have to do it anyway.  :eyebrow:
Thanks Ben
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

i said the same thing till I got the upgrade done.  and I am glad that there is 200 sounds.

bearmanric

heading home tomorrow been in Pa for ten day's had a great time. got to visit foxpro had a great time there. got the new speaker for my Fx5 . i'll let you know how it doe's when i get home going to hit it hard now. Rick

GAJoe

I am and lovin' it! Found a beautiful pasture with a good view from a hedge row across the pasture toward some chicken houses about a quarter mile away. Thanks Givin' mornin' I was checking the wind direction forecast and saw it would be in my face at this new spot at sundown. After stuffing myself with Thanks Giving Dinner I began executing the plan. I set up my FX5, JIB, and chicken about a hundred yards out to be easily seen from all the draws. Started my chicken distress alternating raccoon fight once in a while. Love that recall and 4 presets. I was expecting something to come from the woods at 300yds toward the chicken houses but about 5 to 7 min into calling this 37 lb male came across from the left. Out of the woods from the river. As it got close to the JIB it either heard the motor noise or smelled my path, but it lost interest and turned on the afterburners.  :shck: I barked a couple of times and got it to stop for the shot.  :highclap: Bang-flop about 150 yds with my Savage 12VLP in 204. As I approached it wasn't breathin' and all of a sudden it began bearing it's teeth  :holdon: and did it for 30 seconds or more. Must have been nerves from the spine hit.

I love it when a plan comes together.
GAJoe

FinsnFur

That'd be cool  :eyebrownod:
Great post Joe, thanks for sharing it, and welcome to the site.

Oh...hey does the wife know your using her chicken ornament?  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Mallardsr

She is not gonna be happy..................................Great pic !

desert dog

Nice post Joe!  Thank you for sharing.  Welcome to the site.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"