• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Wasting some time.

Started by pitw, December 16, 2010, 08:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Wierd  :confused:   I'm wondering if it tasted saltier because your taste buds were fixin through the sweetness which made the salt seem distrupting.

Kinda like putting grape jelly on a hotdog...it's going to taste saltier :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Maybe you screwed up & put salt in thinking it was the sugar?  :shrug:

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 21, 2010, 09:33:46 AM
Maybe you screwed up & put salt in thinking it was the sugar?  :shrug:

Brown salt  :confused:.                          :laf: :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

Its been a long time since I have been around curing Hams but if I remember correctly when Sugar curing don't use any salt at all just rub the Brown Sugar into the ham. cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on December 23, 2010, 09:35:56 AM
Its been a long time since I have been around curing Hams but if I remember correctly when Sugar curing don't use any salt at all just rub the Brown Sugar into the ham. cc

I was under the impression that the sugar would offset the harshness of salt :confused:.  The hams are not out of the smoker and cooling down to be cut up into manageable roast sizes[5-8lbs].  There is 112 lbs of hams and two boys grinning from ear to ear :biggrin:

Carolina Coyote

I was a little boy when last involved with curing hams so only using sugar may not be correct as I got on the net looking for info and the sugar cure recipes called for salt also, from what I read the sugar is supposed to enhance the taste of the ham. The two boys grinning? ow about the old fart? cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on December 24, 2010, 08:40:37 AM
I was a little boy when last involved with curing hams so only using sugar may not be correct as I got on the net looking for info and the sugar cure recipes called for salt also, from what I read the sugar is supposed to enhance the taste of the ham. The two boys grinning? ow about the old fart? cc

Carl my father never cured a ham that I know of so I learned all this on my own and appreciate all the help I get from from people like you.  The boys just love  ;yes; ham and like our home done stuff better than any other, so yes they were grinning as they figured out how many times they could say,"Mom cook ham for supper".  I as well was grinning as I like to see them interested enough to help and the fact that we don't have to depend on someone else for good food means the world to me :yoyo:.

Carolina Coyote

I would be proud to have several big hams hanging right now as I sure love that stuff myself, nothing better and I'm sure all of you will enjoy it this winter. cc