• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

20 gauge marinade

Started by mandi48, April 10, 2009, 07:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandi48

A little while ago i went down to the big E for a sportsmen show type thing, and i bought some 20 gauge marinade sauce. Well i'm really no good wit this stuff and really don't know how to use it  :confused: :shrug: i want to put some on my chicken, any ideas?   :wo:
I am not a murderer, i am a hunter

alscalls

UUhhhhh.........open the bottle......then pour on your chicken.......does that help?......... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

mandi48

:laf: i tried that but i didn't taste like the samples, the samples tasted better  :confused: :shrug:

alscalls

AL

Hidehunter

Completely cover your chicken with it and refridgerate it over night.  That should help some I think.
Denver                                           

Silencer

Hide hit the nail on the head, you want it to soak in the meat with any marinade. 

FinsnFur

Oh, and we have to get free samples to make sure it turned out right :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

I use a vacume sealer to marainade meats. I put the meat and marinade in a container and then use the sealer to draw a vacume. the marinade realy soaks into the meat that way. OR you can use a needle and inject the sauce directly into the meat. Injections works realy well for all diffrent kinds of maranaides.

If you have no way to do eaither of these methods a good over night soaking is usually enough.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

mandi48

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 11, 2009, 07:41:26 PM

:laf: i doubt it will, im not too good at making chicken, but i make really good deviled eggs  :biggrin:

alscalls

Quote from: mandi48 on April 13, 2009, 06:46:24 AM
Quote from: FinsnFur on April 11, 2009, 07:41:26 PM

:laf: i doubt it will, im not too good at making chicken, but i make really good deviled eggs  :biggrin:

God makes chickens Silly......you just have to make it taste good...... :roflmao:
AL

mandi48

:laf: whoops silly me. what was i thinking?  :confused: :roflmao:

bigben

I never heard of 20 ga marinade but one good one I found for turkey and chicken is applejuice.  I take my chicken weather it be breasts thighs or whatever and stick in a gallon freezer bag.  then I normally add the following but it is pretty general.  crushed garlic, pepper corns, orange slices, bay leaves and whatever else I might want in there.  refrigerate for atleast 24hours in marinade.  then grill or smoke.  this makes it come out with a sweet taste that many are not used too.  really good on rotisserie turkey over a wood charcoal fire.  alot of work goes into that.  and instead of a gallon baggie a 5 gallon bucket comes into play.  I have also used instead of apple juice I use apple cider. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

mandi48

Quote from: bigben on April 13, 2009, 10:57:13 AM
I never heard of 20 ga marinade but one good one I found for turkey and chicken is applejuice.  I take my chicken weather it be breasts thighs or whatever and stick in a gallon freezer bag.  then I normally add the following but it is pretty general.  crushed garlic, pepper corns, orange slices, bay leaves and whatever else I might want in there.  refrigerate for atleast 24hours in marinade.  then grill or smoke.  this makes it come out with a sweet taste that many are not used too.  really good on rotisserie turkey over a wood charcoal fire.  alot of work goes into that.  and instead of a gallon baggie a 5 gallon bucket comes into play.  I have also used instead of apple juice I use apple cider. 

mmm that kinda sounds good i might have to try it. it don't taste like apple juice does it? cuz i don't really like apple juice  :confused:  :eyebrownod:

bigben

not really just sweet n juicy.  hard to explain.  I have also injected apple juice before into poultry but it does not seem to be the same as soaking it in it. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

backwoodsman

Ive got tons of marinade recipe's. One of the best commercial one's Ive found is Lawry's steak and chop marinade. I swear by it for all my redmeat. I like to soak it overnight, 10-24hrs. I buy it by the case  of 20? when I catch a good sale on it. Here's a cheap homemade one I use alot. 2 cups water, 2 cup soy sauce, 2 tbls garlic POWDER, 1/8 tsp liquid smoke. Optional 1 c ketchup, 1 can frozen orange juice.  You can taste it and add anything else you like. I shy away from worchestershire sauce though since it tends to burn/scorch when Im doing deer steak. I reuse this marinade base for 3-5 days before discarding it.