• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Jambalaya wannabe

Started by FinsnFur, April 15, 2011, 06:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Ever go through your cupboards and just starting dumping stuff that looks good together to see what kind of concoction you can create? You'd be surprised what a bachelor can find in his cupboards.

The other day thats what I did.....and I was trying to come up with something I could make for supper that wouldnt just keep making my pants tighter and tighter :laf:

I took some rice, that was a gimme. Then I found a small can of chunked white chicken. Ok this is sounding good I thought but I need a broth or a base. Chicken broth sounded good, but I had nothing close and I hated to dump out a can of chicken noodle soup to get the broth. I found a can of Campbells cream of mushroom/with roasted garlic....perfect. So I used half of that can and replaced the other half with milk
Still need something else I think. Started shoveling through the cupboards again and came across a small can of sweet peas, that'll work.
Lets do this. Worse that can happen is I dump it all in the garbage and fire up the grill. :shrug:

• 1 cup uncooked Uncle Bens white rice
  • 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 8oz can of sweet peas
  • 3/4 cup of milk
  • 1/2 of an onion
  • 1/2 T spoon salt
  • 1/2 T spoon of black pepper
  • Hot sauce

I made the rice up using the stove top method.
While that's going I put the chunk chicken in a bowl and mashed her up nice and fine.
Then finely chopped the 1/2 a onion.
Then added the half can of mushroom soup, peas, milk, and finely chopped onion to the chicken, stirred it up and put mixture into the microwave for a minute.

After that the rice was done, so I put all the ingredients together in the rice pan to finish heating everything together.
Added the salt and pepper, and a tablespoon Franks red hot sauce.

I'm tellin ya, I've never accidentally made anything so good. It was incredible  :eyebrow:
It made enough to serve 4-5 people
I'm thinking about starting my own cooking show. :eyebrownod:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Chief or Chef Jimbo has a nice ring.

Jerry

iahntr

That'd work  :thumb2:  I'll do that sometimes too,
and the Franks hot sauce is always a good condiment.
Reminds me of an easy one I'll do too, Mac and Cheese,
pkg of Peas, and a can of Tuna.
Scott

FinsnFur

Thats Tuna Helper to a "T" Scott. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com