• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bowfin, Dogfish patties

Started by FinsnFur, May 15, 2011, 09:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Did you guys see Swamp people tonight where Juniors family was grinding up Dogfish with onions to make fish patties for supper?  :puke:

As I've mentioned before we cut the guts open on them things and toss em in the woods for the coons which also prevents them from wiping out the game fish. Plus they arent fit for human consumption :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

I haven't watch Swamp people for quite some time, but doesn't surprise me in the least. Those coon asses will eat ANYTHING!  :alscalls:

FinsnFur

ROFLMAO!
I tried to think of a way....but I dont think I could have said that any better :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

I have it recorded, but it sounds like something the two long haired, white bearded brothers would enjoy.

Jerry

bigben

when ya aint got much ya learn to eat anything.  he threw all them other filler materials in to make it taste good I bet.  I know my mam used to make carp cakes.  which I heard was tastee.  but never had em.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

Smoked carp isn't all that bad when it comes from clean water.  It also isn't that good when it comes from mud creeks.

Jerry

bigben

we don't have any creeks or rivers where the water is clean.  unless we get em outta lakes it aint clean.   :puke:  most of the rivers in this area have high levels of PCB's. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hawks Feather

I know what you are saying - Ohio is a "run off" area too and the rivers, streams, and creeks are all mud bottom.  We used to fish a few quarries and that is where the decent carp were.  After having smoked carp from the quarry we tried the creeks and that was a totally different fish.

Side note about the streams.  I have a canoe and was trying to get information about a canoe that would withstand rocks more than the one I had at that time.  It was on a canoe forum and I had several people that gave suggestions, but most said that it is easiest just to avoid the rocks.  I asked how this was done since they couldn't be seen.  This resulted in several comments like "are you blind" and "Put someone if front that can see".  I tried to explain that when your hand is 3 inches below the surface of the river that you can't see your hand and can't see rocks either.  Several, who lived in the west (and had never been east), couldn't believe that you couldn't see the bottom of EVERY river or stream.  They also can't believe that cows live inside fenced fields, but that is another story.

Jerry

bigben

well the susky drains alot of acres.  most of pa and a good bit of ny gets drained through harrisburg here.  funny thing is in the summer when the water gets low above harrisburg it is clear as a bell.  I can see 10ft down.  below harrisburg is a different story.  I can't ever see botom unless it is only 3ft deep.  our rivers and creeks are mostly hardbottom.  shale and limestone.  so they clean up quick.  just too much crap being dumped into em.

FinsnFur

Speaking of carp, I wouldnt have touched that garbage 20 years ago. But we moved back here and I got a taste of it smoked, (by my brother no less) and absolutely loved it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers