• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Specialized Cage Traps

Started by xbr, February 22, 2007, 05:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbr

I noticed there are a couple companies marketing a cage trap made with translucent plastic with a steel door.  Do they really work for dealing with skunks?  In the correct size, are they strong enough for coons?  Anyone with experience that can help?

studabaka

Sorry..... never tried them.

I've heard guys swear by tube traps to keep skunks from spraying.... never used them either.

Plastic and coons  :confused: would also wonder how long they would hold up.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I would guess them to be a lot stronger then one thinks.
Looks like they're made from the same plastic as like a fish cleaning board. You can't break those with a sledge hammer.

Now if you left a trap unattended for for 3 days, I could see something doing some chewing  :eyebrownod:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

OKTrap

First of all ... I use them exclusively on skunk contracts in my wildlife control business. Second, on our retail side, we sell more of those "poly traps" than any other live trap that we offer. I personally buy all that I can get my hands on for my own business, but it never fails, that as soon as I get them in for our wildlife control services, someone wants me to sell them. They come in two sizes ... the 9x9x24 and the 12x12x32. AND THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEY.

However, they are also known here in Oklahoma and down in Texas ... as the EZ Bake Cage Trap. They do get hot in the summer quickly. But I still wouldn't give mine up for nothing. So ... mine are mine, and what we retail is for everyone else. So don't try to buy mine from me.  :biggrin:

Skunk Traps on OKTrap Supply

Thank you, and I hope this helped. By the way ... on a skunk job just this morning ... I removed a female coon that weighed 27 pounds from the 9x9x24 trap that I had under a house. I removed her, let her go, and reset the trap undamaged.

FinsnFur

Eazy bake   :roflmao: ..Thats goood
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

I may have to give these a try.

How long have you been using them and to they any spots prown to wear [like were the door attaches to the plastic]? Any problem with cracking from heating/cooling?

Looks like they cost about 2X+ vs a cage trap.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

OKTrap

Mine have been in continuous use for about two years, with no cracking or chew outs. And they are priced about the same as our cage traps ... which are also competitively priced.

Thank you: