• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

This ain't good.

Started by pitw, August 18, 2009, 08:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

That is a bummer, but it looks like it might be a good time to get that fur for a new coat.  70,000 ranch mink, 30,000 coyotes, 240,000 raccoons should make all the coats anyone would want.

Jerry

pitw

The way I'm thinking[could be out in left field again on a golf course] is that they don't want to have an early sale of low priced fur that would in turn have some trappers not go out after more fur for them to sell in the later sales.  What do you fella's think.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

While I am not real sure, that would be my guess as well.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I think your probably right in part. I doubt the entire decision was based on it alone, but they probably more then the others have had a taste of a self inflicted, weakened market.

They'd lose money in the whole deal also, not just the trappers, as it snowballed.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cathryn

they made the right decision,imo.

the economy is weak right now and its smart of them to hold out and see what happens because there might be a miracle somewhere down the road and the fur market  might imnprove.

i dont think it will for a couple years but it might.

after the prices at the last sale yopu dont have to worry about there being a surplus of fur on the market next season because alot of "trappers" have decided they cant stand the heat in the kitchen, so to speak,so theyve gotten out of trapping for now.

as a result there isnt gonna be near as much fur available for sale next year and that might make for a little better prices.

the bottomline is that until the coats and other items they make out of the fur sells, the buyers arent gonna need to buy anymore. unfortuanately fur is a luxury item and luxuries are the first thing people cut pout of their budget when monies tight.

until the global ecinomy improves, imo, the fur market isnt gonna be worth a tinkers damn.

thats ok with me though cause we're gonna keep on trapping ans sending up fur because when the market does rebound, we wanna be ready..plus we just enjoy trapping even if the fur isnt selling for much.

this season will weed out the money trappers from the guys who really just love trapping because they love being outdoors and the challenge of outsmarting the furbearers theyre targetting.