• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Trap Pics

Started by canine, December 30, 2006, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canine

Now that deer gun seasons are over and my time spent guiding folks for whitetails is done. I drug out the trappin photo album for a little inspiration to boil up some traps and run a small line to get myself and the kids out of the house. Heres a couple pics from the past and hopefully will be adding some new ones in time to come.

Also want to thank Brad and OKtrap for the inspiration nudge too  :wink:

JD

stevecriner

I think i might take up trapping a bit. Im gettin the urge...
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

canine

Steve,
You won't regret it one bit. I can't believe I have not trapped for 6 years now...It is definately a fun hobby. Plus another way to get outdoors!!

JD

Brad H

Great pics! I think when our cat season ends, probably after January, I'll try targeting some badgers and coyotes just for fun. I wouldn't mind getting a fox right now, but there aren't many around here.

Brad

nailbender

What's the trick to targeting badgers?  Seems to be a ton around here, surprised the county doesn't put a bounty in them the way they dig in the roads.

FinsnFur

Isn't it funny how some of those yotes in a trap refuse to look at you?
They got that same look on thier face that your kid sees when they ask for the car keys on a Friday night.  :laf:

And then there's some that literally look right through you with those green/brown eyes.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

Good observation Jim, It's kinda neat how most coyotes know that you are more dominant than them and will lay there timidly in a trap. When you catch an alpha male or female it's a whole nother story  :wink:

Finally found time to boil up a couple dozen traps. Got 6 sets out so far in what little time there has been for that and picked up a Red fox this morning. Should have had 2 but a rock had gotten under the pan of 1 set and had a nice perfect paw print over the pan and no fire :rolleye:. Now that I have a little time to trap, It's suppose to rain for the next 3 days :madd:

Hope everyone else has better weather.

JD

FinsnFur

You better be packin a camera  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

canine

Here ya go Jim, a couple pics of a female I caught today. Rain is finally moved out so hopefully I can get a line up and going and get ya some more pics :biggrin:

JD

CCP

Nice pic's  I expect to see even more in the future. :yoyo: I used to go up to south AL with my uncle and set steel traps with him some. We could only use snares in FL but I did mange to snare quiet a few animals.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

canine

Rich, I haven't done a whole lot of snaring. I hung some years ago and it just wasn't the same as a good dirthole or flat set..

They are one heck of a valuable tool though for trappers.

Did you do much picture taking on the line years ago?  I have a photo album full of trapping pics, reading the posts earlier and looking at the old album got me goin again. It's been 6 years or better since i set a trap, wow how I missed it!!

JD

FinsnFur

That's what I'm talking about  :yoyo:

She's shaking her leg like she wants you to see the trap  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

WOW....... :shck: .............Look at all that wide open ground. Haven't seen that much field since I made my trip to Nebraska in July..... :huh: :whew:

Oh......nice catch ya got there JD........ :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jerry Hunsley

Quote from: nailbender on December 30, 2006, 11:25:00 PM
  What's the trick to targeting badgers?  Seems to be a ton around here, surprised the county doesn't put a bounty in them the way they dig in the roads.
I have been told that if you see a fresh badger hole and you are sure he is in the hole, all you have to do is wet a rag with gasoline , put in in the hole and cover it up. The gas fumes will go down as gas is heavier than air. Then all you have to do is come back later and the badger will be dead at the top of hole when you uncover. Sounds reasonable , but don't know for sure.

nailbender

That's kind of a slick trick Jerry! Not sure if it's legal here.  Have to decide, when is a hole a den?

yotehunter1

what do you do with them when you catch them. Do you shoot them or what. Just wondering.

OKTrap

That one there looks like it had a touch of Sarcoptic Mange. Nice pic.