• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Original Mountain Cur male

Started by Huntinbull, August 03, 2009, 07:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntinbull

I have an Original Mntn Cur that I would like to get a few pups from. He is an awesome looking dog. Meets the breed standard in every way. Smart as all get out. Trees squirrels well, and coon nearly as good. He is about 7 yrs old and I would like to get a pup or two out of him. Any breed of female would work as long as they are squirrel hunters. It would be great to mate him to another cur, but they are few and far between round here. Fiest or really any treeing dog would be cool.

I can probably get rid of most if not all of his pups depending on the breed of the mother.

I can be contacted by email at huntinbull@yahoo.com . Also by phone at 330-431-1718.

Thanks
Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

Bopeye

Huntinbull,
  Is your cur mostly Streak bred, Busher bred, Roaring River or maybe a mix. Let me know. The Original mtn. Cur club is just north of me and I know several folks that own them. I know there's a few in Ohio, but not sure how far your wanting to travel. Most guys with females pick the studs so you might have to show the dog in the woods before they breed and even then it might be a tough sell. I'm sure your dog is everything you say it is, but the cur boys are funny and try to stay within their own, self designed breeding program.
Are you wanting to buy all the pups from them or just a couple and help them sell them? Just wondering as I am more than happy to help set you up.  :wink:

Maybe you are looking for a treeing female to buy as a brood bitch? Didn't think of that until after I wrote the other stuff. Shoot me a pm if you are serious and let me know what your wanting and we can go from there.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Huntinbull

Thought of buying a female to breed him to, but the wife says no. Buying one female who has a litter of pups ( 2-8 ) would definitely stress the carrying capacity of my home.

When i purchased the dog I saw a scanned copy of his papers and they were to be presented at the time I picked up the dog. When we met to transfer the dog, The previous owner had forgotten to bring the papers but said he would mail them. Needless to say he didn't, and phone calls have gone unanswered. He meets all breed standards, and I have thought of getting him registered at a nitehunt or similar event. Really I just want to have a pup or two to carry on his bloodline.

Thanks for the info.

Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

Bopeye

If he doesn't have OMCBA papers, then just find any type of female that resembles him and trees like you want them too.

Good luck though. It will be tough, but it can be done. Maybe you can find niece or nephew to your dog.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free