Quote from: riverboss on February 09, 2016, 06:36:17 AM
[IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160209/

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tree's. :yoyo:

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 09, 2016, 08:02:27 PM
Damn, I gotta get back down there :eyebrownod:

I'm seconding that thought. :wink:

Thanks for the stories and pics fella's :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

centerfire_223

Well I guess I have finally recovered enough to tell my side of the LBL story. First off I want to say thanks to Pat, Tony and Casey for allowing Drew and myself to stay with them at their cabin. It was great finally putting faces to names of people that I have talked with for years on here. One thing I will have to say about these three, is they know how to eat. Some great cooking went on, and I got my first taste of smoked bologna. Now that is some good stuff.

Another thanks go out to Slag for an awesome stew, the best I have ever eaten. By the way Slag I can't find the recipe on here, could you post that again.

Man how time fly's, it didn't seem like it had been 8 years since I was last at the LBL hunt. Got to see a few old friends Richard (CCP) Joel (Weedwalker) and Semp. Also got to make a whole lot of new ones or at least I hope I did. They are certainly friends in my book. Couldn't find a better group of people to hunt, hang out and shoot the bull with.

Now for my LBL 2016 hunt, I can say the LBL had my number this year. Can't think of a year out of the 5 that I have been out there that I didn't call up a coyote until this year. My son and I got out there on Thursday night a little after dark. We saw two coyotes on our way there, so I had some big expectations for the next day. On our way out we stopped to get fuel, so we picked up a Subway sandwich while we were there. Well that was a bad move, not on my part but on Drew's. I told him he should have gotten the club but no he had to have the cold cuts. Which may have not been that cold. Cause before we ever got to the campground he was complaining about his stomach hurting. On our way walking into our first stand the next morning, he was chumming up a bait pile in the woods. So only 2 stands that morning with him sick. Then it was off to Dollar General for some pepto. I dropped him off at the cabin where he went unconscious for about 5 hours. I went out and made 3 more stands with nothing to show for it. Though I did find some fresh sign. Later that evening, Drew and I tried it again but he was still weak and we called it quits before dark.

That night we went out and done a little howling but I think we were a little early. Never got an answer to some of the sexiest howls I have ever heard. Even if I did make them myself. So the next morning we headed back into the place where I seen the fresh sign. Saw where a coyote had walked in my tire tracks from the night before. So I new we were hunting a good place. Every stand I expected to have a coyote come charging the call but every stand I got disappointed. We did manage to get a coyote to answer back to some of those howls but he never showed himself. After a hard day of calling, 18 stands to be exact, it was time to admit the LBL had my number this year. But I will have to say I had the best time of my life, got to spend time with my son doing something I love to do. Truly a weekend I will forever remember.

We both had a blast and Drew said even if I didn't make it next year, which I am planning on not doing, he was coming with or without me. So watch out LBL, I'll have your number in 2017. Look forward to seeing everyone again next year. Once again it was a pleasure seeing everyone and meeting all the people I had not met.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

Last time you were there was 2007, Jim.   Not that anyone has been keeping track.....  :innocentwhistle:    :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Quote from: KySongDog on February 09, 2016, 11:58:14 PM

Last time you were there was 2007, Jim.   Not that anyone has been keeping track.....  :innocentwhistle:    :biggrin:

No no of course  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

And a couple more pics. HaMeR and his coyote...

A small cat track next .22-250 round.

riverboss

Ronnie it was great to meet you and your son Drew!
Hopefully things work out and you can make it back next yr.

riverboss

Jim! Glenn told us why you hadn't been down and said he couldn't understand why you didn't just trade that ford in at the local GM dealer.

HaMeR

Quote from: riverboss on February 10, 2016, 04:52:27 PM
Jim! Glenn told us why you hadn't been down and said he couldn't understand why you didn't just trade that ford in at the local GM dealer.

:innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

:noway: Whaaaat everrrrrr :laf:

They said my Ford was worth two or three chibbeys and the boss wouldnt let them cut the deal so I drove away. I guess his logic was that if there was a Ford setting on his lot the Chevrolets would get over looked and rot away. I mean you know...best selling truck for 39 years so far :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Frogman

Thanks for all the pics and stories.  Really wish I could have been there.  That stew really looked good!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Thats it for pics?? You guys holding out, or did yas run outta film? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers