• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fox (clip N pics)

Started by CCP, November 19, 2006, 08:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

I haven't had the chance to get out much with the weather and deer hunters on my coyote land. :biggrin:

A few weeks ago I had someone call me that is new to the predator game. He has every gadget and video on the market and was still having trouble connecting with a predator. I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to do some how to filming.

We started by scouting his property and letting him setup and call the way he has read and seen on the videos and books.
Then this morning we went to the same places and hunted the way I hunt in these areas.

We were only able to make one stand wind and dogs hindered us at all the other places. Jonathan is a very dedicated predator hunter and didn't even hunt opening weekend deer season which he never misses. I believe I have found another great hunting partner that loves it as much as I.

I would like to thank Brent Saxton (Keescalls) for letting me try his new calls for the E-caller they proved to be deadly once more. we started with a dead battery in the foxpro remote and decided to let it run continuously (which I dont like to do)
I had planned on using a few coyote vocals to start the stand. On the way setting out the caller I seen a fresh Fox track on the edge of the stream. I knew not to use the coyote vocals and went striate to the distress within two min he was there.

Once he got within 20 yards of the caller he smelled where I had walked in and burst out of there. In most all cases like this I can call or stop calling the the fox stop. The remote not working I didn't have many options. I decided to bark with my mouth as we all know works for coyotes. Problem is it doesn't usually work on fox they mostly bolt after hearing a bark from the mouth. Well luckily he stop and was able to make the shot at around 80 yards.

Here are a few after pics and a small video clip of what happened I hope you enjoy.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

browning204

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

studabaka

Sweet video....and a darn good shot!!  :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

centerfire_223

Great clip, when you coming up here to hunt with me??? That fox looked to be furred out pretty good. I skinned 4 yesterday that had good furs on them too.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Bob D

Thanks for the show CCP. That was good!
Bob

FinsnFur

Yeah that looked like a tough shot from where I was settin. Glad he had a better view of it.  :biggrin:

Who's jacked up Cherokee?  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Cool!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! Looks like good time.

Brent

fuzz624

Nice pics CCP. I would of watched the clip,but with this dialup,it would take all night.

Hawks Feather

Great clip and a nice looking fox.

Jerry

vvarmitr

:bowingsmilie:Like the shooter said "That is awesome!"  :congrats:
And to think he has a video of his first predator kill. :yoyo:

stevecriner

" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

Breminnie

WAY TO GO, VERY COOL CLIP!!!!

Bearle

CCP

Thanks for the replies.

The shot exploded that little fox slow mo of the actual hit is amazing. The 110g v-max did more damage than I wanted I may go back to the 130g pistol bullets.

QuoteWho's jacked up Cherokee?

I'am guilty of that It has a five inch lift. I just took off the 34 superswampers 2 weeks ago and installed the 33 Maxxis buckhorns they seem to be OK so far. There way quieter and ride good,haven't had time to really put them threw there paces.

I truly love filming and love hunting predators. As you can tell I don't care to be on the front end of the camera. I had rather capture the gleam in someone else's eye as they succeed in there predator quest. Every time I go out I learn something new about filming and hunting and try to share it with others. I started this as a way to share my hunting experiences with my son that lives in FL. I will also share my experiences with the members of this board,I don't post clips on any other board.

Hopefully the clips will get better as I get better.

So in a nutshell I'm saying you guys are stuck with me and my clips. :roflmao: 
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

get better???      :hahaha: Better??

I can't even imagine.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Mallardsr

Rich, Great job as always!  RP

Jeb

I could see the gleem in his eye, that fellow is ruined for life now !  LOL , good job Rich. Like I said before and you will hear it again.......you got skillz !! Thanks for sharing that clip with us.
                   Jim

pilot teacher

Nice clip Rich. And nice talking with you to night. Wishing you and yours a great Thanksgiving.
pilot teacher and mrs. pilot.   :highclap:

Bob D

Rich,
I gotta ask? Did I hear a shot before the kill shot or was that an echo? Just wondering? :confused:
Bob

CCP

QuoteDid I hear a shot before the kill shot or was that an echo? Just wondering?
Yes it was a shot before the kill shot not positive but looking at it in slow motion it appears to have went to the right just a tad. That is a perfect example of why I like the AR platform never would have been able to clear the bolt and get back on target.

He was upset about the miss,I told him not to worry I sometimes fire a warning shot 1st also. :eyebrownod:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net