• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

roast beef

Started by bigben, December 10, 2008, 03:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

here is something I just did the other night for lunch this week.  for the single fella this is great because it turns into mulitple meals.

chunk of roast I used a 7lb roast this time
montreal steak seasoning.
2 cans of mushrooms
1 can of coke a cola
whiskey

I coat the roast on all sides liberally with the montreal steak seasoning.  then I get a frying pan screamin hot.  I then put the roast in and cook it good on all sides till it is really crispy and searin in the juices.  I then stick the roast in the crock pot.  take the whiskey I used makers mark and put about three or so shots in the fryin pan and just watch it will light if you want to.  I do.  watch you do not catch your kitchen on fire.  then once that burns down turn the burner back on.  add half can of coke.  get all the stuff on the pan loose ad suspended in the coke whiskey mixture.  when that is loose pour that in to the crock pot.  you can do what ya want with the other half can of coke but since the whiskey is out and we got coke guess what I did with it.   :eyebrownod: open both cans of mushrooms and put in the crock with the roast.  cover and set on low.  cook till desired doneness.  I use a meat thermometer and get it cooked till medium.  I normally cut the roast in half and then let it cook till falling apart.  I cut the bottom part off because that is normally what is done first.  eat the first half of it over butter garlic noodles.  the other half like I said keeps cooking.  I normally put in a jar of speggetti sauce and eat that over speggetti.  wish I woulda taken pics but it was to dang good to be taken pics and not eating.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

cathryn

you can cook and youre single??? whats wrong with the women in your neck of the woods?  :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: cathryn on December 10, 2008, 08:45:35 PM
you can cook and youre single??? whats wrong with the women in your neck of the woods?  :biggrin:

Maybe they are all genius's  :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Quote from: pitw on December 10, 2008, 09:13:28 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh2: :laugh2: ;yes; :laugh2: :laugh2: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

cathryn

Quote from: pitw on December 10, 2008, 09:13:28 PM

smart enough at any rate to stay away from him, huh?

nothing personal but men ARE men afterall.............even if they can cook   :wink: :biggrin:

bigben

it's like this.  my mom was a good cook.  my whole family of uncles on the one side are excellent cooks.  when ya move out and want to eat good then you better cook better or deal with what you are dished.  I just like to cook better.  as far as the girls in this area.  most of the time I spend hunting outdoors or at the race track.  I was never really socialable in high school for various reasons and after high school I never went to college.  so that left bars or partys to find a gal.  I can not really stand a bar attmosphere and I never really go to many party's.  so that leaves me on the short end of the stick.  oh well.  if nothing else I am fat and happy and do what I want to do anytime of the day. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

cathryn

I am fat and happy and do what I want to do anytime of the day. 

nothing wrong with that. theres a certain freedom that comes with living life on your own terms without anyone trying to ramrod you, isnt thre?

bigben

yeah but there is allways something missin.  i still keep on keepin on though

pitw

Quote from: bigben on December 11, 2008, 02:11:18 PM
yeah but there is allways something missin. 
Can't put your finger on it though,eh. :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

cathryn

Quote from: bigben on December 11, 2008, 02:11:18 PM
yeah but there is allways something missin.  i still keep on keepin on though

companionship.
someone there to gret ya with a hug when ya get home, someone to have supper ready or just someone to set on the swing with and drink a cup of coffeee.
it does make life better if ya know someone gives a rats ass about ya because they want to and not because they have too.,imo.

i been there i know what ya mean.

but sometimes its just nice not to have to worry bout making anyone else happy.