• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

question on downloading

Started by Jerry Hunsley, August 07, 2006, 07:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hunsley

To all you gurus on computers. Here's a question. I have some coyote video on VHS and I had someone copy it to a DVD. Now is it possible to download the DVD video to my computer and save it on my multa-media?  I have downloaded video from my cam-corder to my computer but is it possible to do that with the DVD disc. I can play it on there,but can I capture it onto the computer and then take the disc out?   :shrug:

FinsnFur

If you can watch the video on your PC then, you most likely can capture it to your hard drive. And actually, to an extent it's probably already there once you watch it once as a "recent file"...I would think.
But I doubt you could run it alone, it would require massive amounts of space and CPU do it.

If I'm not mistaken, you would have to watch it through a player that either offered editing capabilities, or through a player that was in an editor it's self. That way you could capture certain parts.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

George Ackley

You need to make shore it in a format that you pc can read.
If not there is a adapter (Decrypter) that will change the VHS to digital.  Then once it on your pc you need to down load a RIPPER program that will let you take what Sean's you like out of the video. Then name it and up loud it to a hosted it like photobucket or one like that.

To tell you the truth I don't have a clue about this stuff  :rolleye::confused: :rolleye: Here is a sight that will help ya just click on forums they will tell you every thing you need .

I hope this helps :biggrin:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump