• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

cool underwater pics

Started by Spike, July 03, 2013, 09:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Today I got to finally test out that new camera Coyote101 got me! Five of us went down the shore spearfishing for flounder, sea robins, and occasionally eels. When we got in the water, it was freezing. We finally got used to it after about 3 horrible minutes of your face freezing off. Here's a few sample pics from the camera.

In the 1st pic above you can see two black spots out there a little ways.  That's where we ended up getting into some fish. 
Here are a few pics from on the way out.

Here you can maybe see two baby flounder.  One at the bottom center and the other on the left edge about half way up.  The bottom was loaded with them until you get past the swimming bouys.

My dad had the camera and took these next few of me shooting a sea robin.

Not long after that I saw a nice sized flounder sitting on top of some seaweed.  I was able to put one through his head!

Here's one that's sort of hard to see, and what we were looking for.  This one was too small - they need to be 17-1/2 inches.  If you end up shooting a short one, you're not allowed to bring it back.  Luckily we didn't see any that were close.  Only the one big one, and then all the others were pretty small.

Here are a few others we saw.

Hope you enjoyed the show.  It was fun doing it, and the camera was awesome!

shaddragger

Wow that really is a cool camera!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Okanagan

Great pics!  Thanks for posting them.

HaMeR

Cool pics!! Thanks for sharing!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Great pictures Dante!  Man, I envy you.  A lot of us wish we could be a teenager again.  Enjoy your Summer!

Dave

Hawks Feather

Nice images and I can see why you like that camera.  Congrats on the spear fishing success.

Jerry

coyote101

Those are great photos Dante!  :yoyo: That camera takes really good pictures under water.  :biggrin: Thanks for sharing them, and keep them coming.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Your getting to do somethings that most everyone else on here will never get the chance to do Dante. And your enjoying the heck out if it. You deserve it bud :congrats:
Awesome pics, very interesting. Thanks for taking us along
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Buy yourself a hood.   Even a 1/8 will make a huge difference in comfort.  My stuff is all outdated now but I had a 1/8 thick sleeveless pullover vest with a hood on it that I loved to wear under my full wetsuit, but it was in a little colder water. 

The pics of flounders on the bottom are superb, some of the best I've ever seen at showing their camo adjustments.  The one that you say is sort of hard to see is too hard for me!  I have not picked it out, though I can clearly see the two small ones that you located for us.