• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Shopping for a used car for wife.

Started by trailtwister, October 06, 2015, 07:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Started this quest a week ago yesterday. Did a search for a Dodge journey AWD 2013 or newer with less than 40,000 miles. Amazing number out there with in 100 miles. One sight has pictures, mileage, How long the dealer has had it, car facts and internet price with a little box below with request a quote.

It is funny I can do my banking on line, buy a used snowmobile, motor cycle, boat, furniture, lawn tractors snow blowers even a big farm tractor and even guns from a dealer of new stuff listed.

Not a used car it seems, They just E mail me back the same internet price I just looked at. Phone thing is a Joke. Call and ask some questions, one was the car owned before by a smoker (I don't think you can really get the smell out of the heater ducts all that easy) sales woman says she will pop out in the lot and stick her head in the door and since she doesn't smoke will be able to tell, call me back in a minute. Guess my time is different than hers and some of the other sales clowns. That minute was 2.5 hours, Ya she had my cell phone number but I can not hear the cell phone ring or vibrate while mowing the lawn, cutting fire wood or using the wood splitter.

Evidently my time means nothing to them.

Found one been at the dealers for 126 days price had been dropped 3 times, and the sales guy sounded nice on the phone and I set up a test drive for the next day early in the morning. I get there and they start talking about a 10 minute test drive with the sales man in the car with the wife and I.
We get back and I make a offer not some silly offer just 1500 below what they were asking. He starts talking about how much that car sold for new. Hey it isn't new any more it has 30,000 miles on it.

If I wanted to deal on a new one I would have went to the other building and found the guy that worked up a new car price for me yesterday.
Kare we are just wasting their time we need to leave so we left.

So here I set on the 8th day still looking for a used car for the wife. I would rather go to the dentist.

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

pitw

I let the wife shop for her own vehicle.  This saves on her having to say, "I told you so". :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Buying a used car is tough. People can hide stuff pretty well if your not careful, and used car salesman dont have the reputation of being worse then a used car salesman for nothing :nono: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

trailtwister

Used car sales men make polititons look like saints, both a bunch of lying scumbags. I like Car Faxs too.

Coulter

Careful on the Journey...I let my wife pick out her new car a while back and she just HAD to have the Journey. That thing  has been nothing but problems from day 1. I hate it, and I think it's starting to wear on her as well. The car is a piece of crap...including the recall for the ignition that she's been waiting over two years to have them fix. They don't seem to have the part for her car :shrug:

Oh and I had the same philosophy as Barry...I've been saying "I told you so" for 5-6 years now. She hasn't smacked me...yet. I'll give ya a great deal on our Journey if that's what she really wants.

Steve

riverboss

I like my wife's jeep liberty its a nice little ride so far.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

gravesco hunter

Car salesman have there game down to a science,when you play another  man's game it is a no win situation .I hate buying a vehicle worst than having teeth pulled,but I have a 2012 journey no problems so far,good luck

trailtwister

My wife had leased a 2012 Journey and had not one problem and love the thing except it was only FWD. She was wanting a AWD as I had her driving jeeps for so long she relied on the 4x4 on our back COUNTRY road in the winter.

She now has a 2015 AWD Journey with 22250 miles on it. Felt tight yet like a new car to me.

Dale

TT where are you in MI?... my daughter and crew just moved up to Houghton...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

trailtwister

South east close enough to get lake Huron lake effect.

Daughter work for MTU?

Dale

her hubby is teaching there...

I was stationed at Selfridge back in 1975, with the Army support activity... excellent fishing, my barracks was right on the lake, I could stand on the 2nd floor deck and fish when it was raining... lived up in Algonac for a while, right on the river, fished the canal that ran along the road quite frequently... would stop on the way to work and on the way home and fish... caught the end of the ice fishing there too, ate buckets full of yellow perch and big bluegills...  good times...

MI VHNTR

Quote from: Dale on October 08, 2015, 11:44:14 AM
TT where are you in MI?... my daughter and crew just moved up to Houghton...

Houghton is about a one hour drive from my home. I hope that your family members like snow. They'll see plenty of it.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

trailtwister

I like snow just fine, way better than 85F summer heat with the 90% humidity we get a lot of.

:eyebrownod:   Al

FinsnFur

Quote from: trailtwister on October 10, 2015, 04:25:37 AM
I like snow just fine, way better than 85F summer heat with the 90% humidity we get a lot of.

Ditto that!  :jump: 
... any time  :thumb2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

MI VHNTR

Quote from: trailtwister on October 10, 2015, 04:25:37 AM

I like the snow too. It's just that after last years early storm, I'm not too anxious to see it return quite yet.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

Dale

Quote from: MI VHNTR on October 09, 2015, 08:33:04 PM
Houghton is about a one hour drive from my home. I hope that your family members like snow. They'll see plenty of it.

I told'em, they've never seen anything like they were getting into with the cold and snow... close friends and family were taking bets on how long they'll last up there... I have February, and think I may be a month late... if they last longer then that I'll be surprised...

trailtwister

I think they clean the roads up there better than down here. We some times after just a 19 inchs (the last major fall) of snow wait 3 to 4 days to get our road plowed. They sell this new hi tec winter warm clothing up there now too so I see them sticking it out.

I just bought a new Predator 6.5hp engine for my small walk behind snow blower. Should have it going in a couple hours once I start the swap.