• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Spent 3 hours in ER Friday.

Started by trailtwister, July 17, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

John got a call Thursday from a farmer who we were refured to. He said he had a big whistle pig, wood chuck, ground hog problem. Did we do that or just coyotes. John says we will do that let him call some of us and see if we can set a day and time.
Was decided we would do it Friday late morning agreeing to meet at the farm since it was out of their way to pick me up. We meet just after 9:30 at the farm and met Mister Biglow in person, He has us get in his jitney a old van with no side just a floor and seats. Takes us around the farm pointing out wood chuck mounts in his soy bean fields and hay fields and property lines. Gets us back to the trucks just after 10:00 AM and we load up rifle, shooting sticks, binocs, shooting sheet and a couple bottles of water.
So back down the lane we walk, I & Dean are splitting off going along a bean field to a set up spot over looking a mound down hill from where we are going to set up . I had just hit the deep grass of a fence row and got my feet tangled in the grass and went down hard. Mostly landed on my left side trying to protect the rifle I think which was slung on the right side. I hit and bounced once with instant pain from my left leg and knee. I lay there and finally remove the rifle and lay it aside. Work my left knee and it is still working although a lot of pain then I look down and see a 3 corner rip in my jeans happy they are a well worn pair and blood, lots of blood. I clamp down on the shin part of the leg trying to stop the flow, Managed to slow it down a bit so get up off the ground and see what in the *ell I had landed on. A broken tree branch about 4 inches in diameter was hidden in the grass with a stub of a branch about 3 inches long all pointy sticking up.
I Have Dean keep asking if I am OK even though I say I will live I believe. Say I need to get back to the truck and get this bleeding stopped So off we go at a normal gait. At the truck I grab my roll of blue towels I carry, rip one off and soak it with cold water. Lay it on the bleeding area and slow it down again. Look to see that stub had hit the outside part of my calf slid along it till it hit the incision from the knee surgery ripping open the bottom 1 1/2. I wad up another towel and duct tape it to hold it in place while I drive home. I had not intended to go any place where people were plus I wanted the surgeon who did my knee look at it since I was in some pain.
I get home Kare called and found out the doctor was not in and they told her to take me to ER. Got there just before noon, ended up getting 5 different angles of EX Rays and knee was fine just bruised on the out side. Got a good clean up and 6 stiches From a real good doctor along with anti bodies for the day and a script. Also the great Nurse gave me a tetunis shot.
A script for Pain pills and antibodies.
I walked out just after 3:00PM.

I will tell you I walked into ER filled up a few forms and went right to an exam room. When I walked out the ER waiting room was full of coughing bleeding and moaning people. If you need to go to ER make it early in the day.

Of course the guys called to see how I was doing had left about a dozen messages on the machine. I think every one Of them said some thing like clumsy, or uncoordinated, cluts and similar. They all came to get me for Saturday morning breakfast where I was again insulted to no end, suggestions I start working out so I can carry a back pack full of medical supply's, maybe even a litter so they can carry the uncoordinated ofa out of the field.

They got 7 Whistle pigs and missed a couple more because Brent is blind in one eye and can't see with the other.

Be careful people.

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Okanagan

Whew!  Glad to hear that you are OK.

Love to hear of  the razzing.  Good sign.  The cordial insults are a mark of friendship and respect... and that you are alive to hear them.

pitw

Hey, you got a story outta it and that's what counts. :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Dale

Yeah and a badass scar to boot...   :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

FinsnFur

Your too old to bounce lol.
What sliced ya open? Rocks?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

trailtwister

" A broken tree branch about 4 inches in diameter was hidden in the grass with a stub of a branch about 3 inches long all pointy sticking up. "

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.